i need to remover the Recovery Partition but cant...

sirtankball
sirtankball Member Posts: 8 New User

so this is also on MS site to, here what i posted

here a video i made showing whats going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWhO1c_1zGQ&feature=youtu.be

heres the link to the page i was talking about in the video.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f1b84ac-b193-40e3-943a-f45d52e23685/cant-delete-extra-healthy-recovery-partitions-and-healthy-efi-system-partition?forum=w8itproinstall

i use this to try and delete it.

Please perform the following steps:

1. Open a command prompt as administrator.

2. Run Diskpart application by typing Diskpart in the command prompt.

3. In the “Diskpart” prompt, enter rescan command and press Enter key to re-scan all partitions, volumes and drives available.

4. Then type in list disk and press Enter key to show all hard disk drive available.

5. Select the disk that contains the partition you want to remove. Normally, with just 1 hard disk, it will be disk 0. So the command will be:

Select disk 0

Finish by Enter key.

6. Type list partition and press Enter key to show all available and created partition in the disk selected.

7. Select the partition that wanted to be deleted by using the following command, followed by Enter key:

Select partition x

Where x is the number of the recovery partition to be removed and unlocked its space. Be careful with the number of this partition, as wrong number may get data wipes off.

8. Finally, type in delete partition override and press Enter key.

but it doesnt work cuz i get this 

Virtual Disk Service error:
Delete is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile,
crashdump or hibernation volume.

but someone wrote this

Since hidden partitions are not assigned a letter (that's what makes it hidden, because it has not been assigned a letter such as C, D, E, F, Etc.) therefore it won't allow you to delete the hidden partition by simply accessing diskpart > list partitions etc. instead you would have to do in the following order: diskpart, list volume, select volume 1,2,3,4,5 etc., once the desired volume is selected then type ,  ASSIGN, this will assign a letter to that selected volume. then select that volume again and this time type DELETE PARTITON OVERRIDE.Then go back to disk management and look for your hidden partition. right click on it and select the option you wish. delete or create a new volume and free up 15-20 GB space.

but i dont understand what he wants me to do, it needs to simple...

like i said i really need that space back since i have the recovery on a USB flash drive

Answers