Acer Recovery Management Freezing

leederlockwood
leederlockwood Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi I have an Aspire V3 laptop running windows 8.1 and had to order the recovery disks from Acer. I went to install the disks and everything went fine till I got to the last disk. I get the cmd box pop up at the top saying X:RYTOOLS\napp9.exe it goes through the export and inport process the cmd box dissapears and restoring system goes to 100% but the updating system stays on 1% I have left it for 10 hours but nothing happens. I have tried and new hard drive, using a external dvd/cd player and replaced the ram but still the same. However if I install Windows 8.1 using a Microsoft disk everything will load and the laptop works fine but obviously there is no coa on the laptop. I contacted acer and they said there must be a problem with the disks they sent so they send a new set but I get the same problem with the new disks. I could'nt boot from the original recovery partition as it was damaged. Any ideas Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

when it's stuck at the upgrade screen, try to press Alt+Tab or windows logo + d or Ctrl + Shift+ Esc 

sometimes there is an hidden window prompt that need your input.

about windows COA, normally windows 8.1 will read the product key from BIOS and it will authenticate when you connect to the web.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • leederlockwood
    leederlockwood Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi unfortunatly when I install Windows 8.1 using a windows disk it asks for the product key but there isnt one on the laptop, I just used a 8.1 product key from a dead laptop worst case I'll use it that way but I'd prefer to use the recovery disks I got from Acer as I use some of there software ect. Am just loading the disks now to see if any of those keys you suggested works, will let you know thanks for your help