Printing issue From a Scanned Document

GuitarNigel
GuitarNigel Member Posts: 3 New User

Took a bit to configure my HP Printer to my laptop. (First Chromebook) Then I had to configure the Scan function. I can scan a document and save to Google Drive with no problem. I can open the document and print. I can email the document thru Drive. The recepients can open it up. They can scroll through it. They are NOT able to print it!! I have sent scanned documents to 3 other emails and all are having the same issue. All other items sent through email seem to print fine. It is just the ones that I have scanned.

Since I sell real estate, this is not acceptable. Scanning, sending and printing are a huge part of my business. I cannot work without that function. Someone please help! I do not want to go back to a Windows product

Best regards,

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi GuitarNigel,

This is certainly an odd one. I'm not sure how the Chromebook would have any influence over this once you can pull a document store on Google Drive and print it.

I'm making an assumption that you're probably saving these as PDFs and using Adobe to open them in most instances? If you have someone who could try, have them open up the Print, select Advanced and then check the "Print as image" option and see if that allows them to print.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• GuitarNigel
    GuitarNigel Member Posts: 3 New User

That makes sense. I will send it to one of my other emails and check it out.

• andmalc
    andmalc Member Posts: 1 New User

Open your document in Drive and then open its Sharing settings (icon for this at the top centre).  Click on Advanced (small letters at bottom right) then in the next screen look to the bottom and verify that the option to prevent others from downloading, copying, or printing is not checked.

Also, the print icon for a file saved in Drive and opened from a link is a bit small and they may not see it: it is a the top centre of the window.   Pressing Control+P also works in Chrome.

Finally, you could attach the scanned file to your email instead of sending a link to its location in Drive.  If you're using Gmail, click on the paperclip icon at the bottom of the Compose window.  In the next window expand the folders under 'My Drive' to locate where your file is saved and attach it.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Great suggestions, thanks for sharing.

Cory