Aspire R11 R3-131T Display driver has stopped responding... error!

jayeshgnath
jayeshgnath Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

My new Aspire R11 R3-131T has been giving display driver error messages since Day 1!  Appreciate if forum members using the same laptop model could check and update if they have the same issue with their laptops!

Capture.PNG

The error message is - "Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has fully recovered."

What is surprising is that the error message indicates its a driver for Windows 8, while the system came with Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

This issue comes up every time i view YouTube or Facebook videos, play any movies using either Windows Media Player or Films & TV application. However there is no issue while watching movies using VLC player.

The problem persists even after uninstalling and reinstalling ACER provided drivers (latest version from Acer site - 10.18.15.4248). The laptop was also reset to factory conditions however this did not provide any solution.

Tried installind Intel drivers but Intel recommends Acer'scustomized drivers for this laptop model stating that certain functionalities could be lost if the intel drivers are installed.

Moreover trying to install the Intel drivers brings up this error message - "This installation package is not supported by this processor type".

Appreciate if Acer could help in resolving this driver issue.

Thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

YouTube or Facebook videos are flash videos. Maybe Flash has something to do with it.

The Intel graphics driver from Acer says "This installation package is not supported by this processor type" or the Intel site driver?

Did you buy before 9/2/2015? That's the date of the latest Chipset driver.

• jayeshgnath
    jayeshgnath Member Posts: 2 New User

It is the drivers from the Intel site that say "The installation package is not supported by this processor type".

(https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25176/Intel-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-N-Series-)

I purchased the laptop on the 7th of November 2015. Currently all drivers installed in my laptop are of the latest versions as provided by Acer in their website.

Smiley Frustrated

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If it says windows 8 and not 8.1, try the 8.1 driver.

• mozilla343
    mozilla343 Member Posts: 8 New User

I have similar problem with VN7-791G, "the display driver stopped working...." with Intel (1 time) and NVIDIA (more than 5 times), soo when it will be fixed. I can watch movies, play online games through browser, etc. But I can't play executable games (sometimes for some minutes they work, but mostly it doesn't). Exscpecially this is with Robocraft. When I turn it on, it will work only for some seconds, and you can't to get in time to start play. It will:
    1. Crash and then windows will say about the driver,,,, or
    2. Game sounds or other sounds will sound irregularly, and then stop playing, and all things on screen will stop           working

• mozilla343
    mozilla343 Member Posts: 8 New User

I have similar problem with VN7-791G, "the display driver stopped working...." with Intel (1 time) and NVIDIA (more than 5 times), soo when it will be fixed? I can watch movies, play online games through browser, etc. But I can't play executable games (sometimes for some minutes they work, but mostly it doesn't). Exscpecially this is with Robocraft. When I turn it on, it will work only for some seconds, and you can't to get in time at least to start play. It will:
    1. Crash and then windows will say about the driver,,,, or
    2. Game sounds or other sounds will sound irregularly, and then stop playing(and then sound,,, for example, when you put fingers to speaker cable, and you hear the sound like electric, or something like that) , and all things on screen will stop working, and only what you can do is cold restart.