After switching to Win 10 can not stop login after sleep

kv9r_vt
kv9r_vt Member Posts: 5 New User

After switching to Win 10, I can not stop the login requirement after sleep mode, I have changed the settings to no login required but to no effect.

Best Answer

• kv9r_vt
    Answer ✓

Thanks everyone for all the info, I had done everything before but to no avail, what did work was getting the windows 10 Novmber update installed, which was no easy task as I didn't know about the need to remove my micro SD card before starting the update. All is well now and the password login is not required after sleep...

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

So to better understand....

You went to the All Settings, Accounts, and Sign-In Options and Then the first box says Require-Sign in and you changed that to NEVER?

James

EDIT..... Also here is another area to look. Sorry typing getting lazy here is a Snapshot.... End Edit.....

NEW PICTURE

Screenshot (93).png

• kv9r_vt

Yes the settings are set as you show but when I put my W4-820 into sleep mode by pushing the power button then pushing the windows button to bring it out of sleep mode I see the Lock screen then a login screen requiring a password or picture.

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

Ok don't know if you can see the area in the picture where it talks about what to do with power button and when asleep lol... Sadly I am lazy and hate to type LOL but here look in this area to fix your login area.....

Contorl Panel, All control Panel Items, Power Options, System Settings. There is a Define Power buttons area.....

Down under the When I press SLeep  that says Require A password (recommended( click the don't require a password..

James

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

wusleep.PNG

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

never.PNG

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kv9r_vt
    Answer ✓

Thanks everyone for all the info, I had done everything before but to no avail, what did work was getting the windows 10 Novmber update installed, which was no easy task as I didn't know about the need to remove my micro SD card before starting the update. All is well now and the password login is not required after sleep...

• vondes
    vondes Member Posts: 1 New User

I have instructions to getting rid of password and login on windows 10, do u know about that? I think that its important information.