Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

where can i find startup beep codes?

buckbuck Posts: 1Member

Hi Everybody, it looks or sounds like I've got some trouble here. at startup there is 6 quick beeps. That is for the last 3 days, then it goes to repairing c drive which takes about 1 minuite. then I think it runs ok. this is on a Aspire xc-605 Win 8.1 64bit machine. Anyone care to take a shot at this ? any help is appreciated. 

FAQ & Answers

• I thnk you have a ami bios and if that is the case it sounds like you may have a Bad Keyboard or maybe but hope not a bad Controller on the motherboard. So if you have a different keyboard I would try connecting that and if it is the same then it sadly might be time for a new/repaired Motherboard.... 

I am not 100% sure as I don't know your system 100%. So if it isn't a ami bios then I would need do some more research... 

James

• judelinejudeline Posts: 4Member

I found the beep codes at http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm.

I cannot help you further, but I do wish you the best.

Judy