Acer aspire r5-471t laptop Display driver problems

2»

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

On second thought, it would be better to download the .exe file instead of the zip file if you're going to use 4352.  The zip file manual update caused problems (high cpu usage from Edge browser).

Edit:

And better yet, stay away from Edge browser until Microsoft fixes it.  Use Chrome.

Edge browser has way too much CPU usage.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kevprointel
    kevprointel Member Posts: 5 New User

Thank you for all your big work on that problem! For now the 4331 version is really the best for me. But as you said Edge seem to be a part of the problem because i got hig cpu usage too (but with minimal memory usage compare to mozilla). The last windows crash results gave me a power-kernel issue so i think it was cause be a overheating. But as i said for now everything is fine for me in 4331!

I'll install chrome browser to see.

For the bluetooth problem it seem that the problem was my microsoft designer mouse! The peripheral gestioner gave me an error on this device. I completely remove it and reinstalled it and the bluetooth is now working fine.

Let see over days if it keep working well at job!

• mit2nil
    mit2nil Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi,

I tried below methods discussed in this thread but I am still not able to update to anything other than 20.19.15.4300.

1. Uninstall and delete driver and let windows update install latest driver. (WU installed same driver)

2. Download .exe from intel website for 4352 and run it. Installation error saying hardware not compatible with the driver (screenshot attached)

3. Downloaded .zip and gave path manually to update from Graphics folder. Update utility couldn't find updated driver.

I am on Bios v1.05 and I have reset the configuration however I haven't done system reset after buying this machine in December. Also I have i7 version (Acer Aspire R14 (R5-471T-71W2)) and I am on latest Windows 10 64 Bit version.

Can you please let me know your processor version? Mine is Inel HD Graphics 520.

Capture.jpg

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

mit2nil,

I had the i7.  Yes it was 520 graphics.  I was only evaluating the computer.  I no longer have it in my possession.

1.  Download the 4352 .exe from intel.

2.  Disable your internet connection.

3.  Uninstall your graphics driver and tick the box to delete the software.

4.  restart your computer when prompted

5.  Run the .exe 4352 from intel

6.  After the driver installs, restart your computer, and then enable your internet connection.

I'm not an Acer employee.