Monitor: S271HL - Unable to Adjust Volume - HDMI & Audio Port

JeffreyO
JeffreyO Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

I have two S271HL's setup for a dual screen purpose.  I am using a headset and speakers on my computer both through the audio port which work fine.  When I connect my Xbox One to the monitors and switch to HDMI (the port of which the Xbox is using) the sound is non-existent.  When I plug in speakers or my headset into the audio port the sound is so exceptionally quiet I can't even hear the background music to a game the vast majority of the time.

When I use the on-monitor controls, all of the options but the volume have up/down arrors for entering them and showing they can be adjusted.  The audio button has the speaker symbol but it has no such up/down arrows below it indicating no changes can be made.  I'm assuming something isn't right here.  If you can't adjust the volume at all, why would there be an on-screen volume adjust option that just doesn't work?

This happens with both monitors so I know it's not a symptom of only one of them... any advice?

Answers

• akwm
    akwm Member Posts: 1 New User

As i see you didnt get an answer at all. I have the same monitor connected to laptop via HDMI. And i use monitor audio out port to connect headphones for teamspeak. I have sound but it so quiet that i can barelly hear other people talking , even if i connect powered speakers to this outport i get about 30% sound signal strenght then i would get it connected to pc directly.

Drear Acer whats going on we need a soliution to use properly our obtained devices. How to make sound louder ;D and yes as the guy metioned before sound control on monitor menu otions is greyed out i mean no orions we could use to control output sound.

So basicly port is useless and i dont understand why it was integrated while i bought this monitor with the idea how im going to use this port.

Need solution asap.

• TT_QUICK
    TT_QUICK Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2018

The audio connector is a line out (output) and not a line in (input). This model has no speakers. You can connect a stereo 1/8" cable from the line out on the monitor to your powered speakers of choice. Again, this particular model has no built in speakers.

• coreyfaure
    coreyfaure Member Posts: 1 New User
    TT_QUICK said:

The audio connector is a line out (output) and not a line in (input). This model has no speakers. You can connect a stereo 1/8" cable from the line out on the monitor to your powered speakers of choice. Again, this particular model has no built in speakers.

I'm not sure if you answered the right question, because nobody in this thread suggested that the monitor has speakers.

The issue is that the monitor's output from the HDMI input audio is extremely quiet. The volume function on my monitor doesn't allow me to change the volume either, so the audio going from HDMI to line out is permanently quiet.