I have no idea what to do with these FIVE cables. The instructions say virtually nothing...help?!

Options
kandro
kandro Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

I have got 5 cables with the LCD Monitor S271HL

I find it ridiculous that I have to join a forum to get instructions how to set up Acer monitor. The instruction manual says nothibng that makes any sense... just one paragraph naming the cables as:

Video cable, digital cable, HDMI cable and DP cable... but guess what. The cables do not have these names on the bags they are in nor on the cables. So how the hell are you supposed to know which is which???? I would give anything to be able to send this monitor back. This is my 1st experience of Acer & I can tell you I totally regret buying this product. I will never ever buy acer again.

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HS1EE.A01

INSTRUCTIONS

Connecting Your Monitor to a Computer

1. Turn off your monitor and unplug your computer’s power cord.

2. 2-1 Connect Video Cable

a. Make sure both the monitor and computer are powered-OFF.

b. Connect the VGA video cable to the computer.

2-2 Connect Digital Cable (Only Dual-input model)

b. Connect one end of the 24-pin DVI cable to the back of the monitor

and connect the other end to the computer's port.

2-3 Connect HDMI Cable (Only HDMI-input model)

b. Connect the HDMI cable to the computer.

3. Connect one end of the adapter to the monitor and the other end to a properly

grounded, AC outlet.

4. Power-ON Monitor and Computer

Power-ON the monitor first, then power-ON the computer. This sequence is very important.

Untitled.png

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

The power cord should be self evident. You will only use one of the HDMI,DVI, or Dsub cable, whichever video output your computer has. The pic you posted shows exactly what each cable is.The connections can only go in one port each.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

The power cord should be self evident. You will only use one of the HDMI,DVI, or Dsub cable, whichever video output your computer has. The pic you posted shows exactly what each cable is.The connections can only go in one port each.

• kandro
    kandro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

so what does this phrase mean "only Dual-Input Model" Do I plug all the cords in or just one?

My 5 cables are...

1 one with a european plug and 3 prongs at the other end
    2 one with a british plug and 3 prongs at the other end

3 one with an audio looking plug one end and a black box for the 3 prongs at the  other end which it says "will heat up"

4 a wire with at both ends a blue end with lots of pins and 2 blue screws- the bule connector has an "R" on it and 3 rows of 15 pins

5 a wire with at both ends a white end and lots of pins and 2 white screws- there are 2 sets of pins inside with 2x 3 by 3 squares ie 18 pins in total

How do I find out what input my computer has of hdmi, dvi or Dsub & which cable is which? Thankyou

• philetus
    Options

Connect Digital Cable (Only Dual-input model) The monitor is capable of being connected to two computers and switch between them.Connect Digital Cable IF you have two connected.

Use the power plug the matches your power system. British maybe? Plug it in the DC in.

Look at the shape of the HDMI port on the monitor,It is marked HDMI, look at the shape of the HDMI cable plug. Try plugging it into the monitor.Do you have a port on your computer that will accept the HDMI plug? Yes, plug it in, No put it aside, you can't use it.Do the same with the DVI ans Dsub.

• saucecav
    saucecav Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have been to 2 stores twice to get the DVI dual and the HDMI.  No one has the DVI.  Just purchased the Acer S271HL LED HFA 27" on the 24th.  Today is the 26th and I am still trying to get this monitor hooked up.  No sound.  No book came with the monitor with instructions and the white quick start guide says:  (2-1b) to hook up the VGA (2-2a) Hook up the DVI dual input (not included).  My dell computer only has one available two screw hook-up; which I used for the VGA.  Cannot find a DVI dual input without two screws.  Is there an adapter?  (2-3b) Connect the HDMI cable to the computer.
    External Controls:  I press, I see and I have no idea where to slide the volume control.  I see it and it disappears before I can figure it out?  Press works to look, but how do I go forward with anything.  It is too brite.  I saw source but can't figure out how to move to any function.
    I have never installed a monitor that is so confusing.  At this point, I want to dim it a bit and I want to hear utube or anything!!
    UGH.  There is no sample of how to hook anything up on various computer ports.  I am more than frustrated.  Does the DVI produce sound?  Why was there not a book?  What do I press when I see the volume button or anything on the screne?
  • saucecav
    saucecav Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    why do your decals all have a happy face?  I am far from that!