Aspire s7-391-9427 stopped charging, and does not power on after battery is drained

Options
lwt
lwt Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

When I power down my laptop last night battery was fully charged. When I turn it on this morning, the orange light came on, and it shows about 85% charge. Normally it’s blue – still full charge when I start the next day, but occasionally it does show <100% the next day, so I did not worry too much. After just a few minutes, I noticed the orange light went off and it wasn’t charging anymore.

I did some research,  tried the following and everything failed… The light started flashing red when it was down to 5%

…battery got drained eventually and it does not power on even when plugged in, no lights at all now.

-plug into another outlet

-turn off laptop, unplugged, reset battery

-turn on  laptop, plugged, reset battery -> powers off, still not charging when powered back on

-turn off laptop, plugged, reset battery

-uninstall AC Power battery driver, restart, windows automatically reinstalls

-disable AC Power battery, restart, enable, restart

Is S7 391 supposed to be able to stay on when plugged in, even if battery is all drained?

Could it be an issue with the power adaptor? Rather than battery? I want to know before I try to buy and replace…

Or could it be something else?

Appreciate your help in advance!

Best Answer

• lwt

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

The nice employee at BestBuy let me try one of the ultrabook charger in store and it started charging!!!

So, it is the charger that stopped working, wondering what could have happened that it just died...

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If you have or can borrow a multimeter, Plug in the power supply and touch the outside metal of the plug that goes in the computer with the black lead and the pin in the center with the red lead.Set the meter for DC.

• lwt

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to find one
  • lwt

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

The nice employee at BestBuy let me try one of the ultrabook charger in store and it started charging!!!

So, it is the charger that stopped working, wondering what could have happened that it just died...

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Just defective. It happens.