Acer Aspire v5-561p-6869 Memory Question

freudian_slip
freudian_slip Member Posts: 1 New User

My daughter had an ACER Aspire V5-571 that 6 gigs of ram comprised of one 4gb Hynix and one 2gb Hynix memory both DDR3 1600.  Her computer screen was cracked and she bought a new latptop so I salvaged parts from it. 

I have an Acer Aspire Acer Aspire v5-561p-6869 in excellent shape running WIndows 10 Home 64 that has 4gb ram of Kingston DDR3 1600.  I attempted to place the Hynix from her Aspire into my Aspire, however my Aspire will not recognize the memory.  Bios still shows 4gigs of ram, windows 4 gigs of ram, however running Aida64, shows 8gb ram installed on the motherboard.  Her Hynix memory stick is good as I tested in a third laptop and it was recognized and performed well.

Also, I have already confirmed that both memory slots on my motherboard are working, as I can swap my current stick from DIMM slot to the other.  Bios is fully updated as well.

Does anyone have any idea why the V5-561P will not recognize the memory?  Is it possible that ACER has programmed these laptops so that certain models will only recognize memory manufactured from certain companies even though the specs are the same? 

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

I'm guessing that the 561 will only run at 1.35V by design.  You're putting memory (from the older model 571) that can only run at 1.5V, inside a computer that is probably only designed to run at 1.35V.  Most newer laptops run at 1.35V....not 1.5V.

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=3&Mfr=ACE&Line=Aspire&Model=87505

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=3&Mfr=ACE&Line=Aspire&Model=88232

DDR3 1.5V can only run at 1.5V

DDR3L 1.35V can run at 1.35V or 1.5V

So I'm assuming that your BIOS will not allow her 1.5V memory....which is probably by design....since your laptop is newer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • freudian
    freudian Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you for your reply, yes that is the problem.

• JordanB

Freudian,

What happened to the slip?  Smiley Wink

It looks like you slipped up my friend.

• JordanB

If you need more memory for your Acer Aspire v5-561p-6869, this is what (the specs) you need....

System Specific Memory for Acer Aspire V5 Series V5-561xxx Series

From the world’s independent memory leader. Each module is designed, manufactured, tested and tailored to maximize the performance of a specific brand name computer system.

Showing 2 out of 2 results for System Specific. View All

8GB Module(s)

8GB Module - DDR3L 1600MHz

Part Number: M1G64KL110  

Specs: DDR3L, 1600MHz, Non-ECC, CL11, X8, 1.35V, Unbuffered, SODIMM, 204-pin

Buy

4GB Module(s)

4GB Module - DDR3L 1600MHz

Part Number: KAC-MEMKL/4G  

Specs: DDR3L, 1600MHz, Non-ECC, CL11, 1R, X8, 1.35V, Unbuffered, SODIMM, 204-pin