Aspire M5 583p 9688 touchscreen flickering white when moving lid

Options
eornelasv
eornelasv Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone at forum,

In the last months, I've been having some issues with my touchscreen laptop. I have an 15.6" Acer Aspire M5 583p 9688.

The screen flickers to a degraded blank screen if I move the lid.

The problem has been incresing over time, starting with just a few random flickers to basically having a blank screen unless I find just the right spot. Another possibly useful clue is that when open all the way it usually works, it also usually works if is almost closed. The problem appears only in around 70% of the possible angles that the lid can open (I hope this is clear). Also, the touch feature in the screen works perfectly, even when flickering. 

I just moved to Paris for a few months, and I wanted to wait until I return in December to have it fixed. But last week, I turned my computer from sleep and the screen was now black! You could tell that it wasn't off, though. So I restarted it by pressing the ON/OFF button for a few seconds and when I turned it ON again, the screen was working again (the flickering persisted, though). 

I had this happen again durnig the week and applied the same solution, but I'm afraid that rebooting the system this ofen might do some damage to my Laptop.

Have any of you had this problem before? Do you have any ideas what it could be? 

I read about a wire maybe being faulty. I went to two local repair shops and told me that they couldn't do anything, so I'm lost. 

Thanks for any advice! 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

When you move the lid something is pulling on the wire that runs through a hinge.You have a bad connection at the M/B or display or less likely, a bad wire.

• Rally
    Rally Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am having the same issue. I took the bezzle off and the flickering stopped so it is definitely the cable. I am having a difficult time finding a relacement cable. Can someone direct me to a place to purchase a new cable?

Thanks in advance.