Predator 8 tablet : seeking more information

AvidGamer
AvidGamer Member Posts: 2 New User

There isn't much information about the Predator 8 tablet out there (even though it should already have been released in Europe and is comming out November 6th in the USA).

There are a handful or previews/reviews out there, but they all seem to have sparce information and take a look at it from only a gaming perspetive.

While some of the people who buy it will be buying it with the intention to play games there will also be people buying it for other reasons. Even the gamers who buy it aren't going to be gaming on it 100% off the time.

I'd like to know how it stacks up against other tablets out there from a non-gaming perspective. How does it compare on benchmarks that general tablet review sites use to test tablets? How long does the battery last under non-gaming use, for example browsing the web, or watching videos? With 2x2 MIMO is it faster loading webpages and downloading files than other tablets out there?

What are the ports on it? Based on pictures it looks like maybe an audio port, and maybe a USB port. Can anyone confirm, and is it only those two ports and a SD card slot that are located on the device as far as ports go?

The Predator 8 could very well beat other tablets out there in more than just gaming, but sadly no one seems to have tested or reported on those posibilities.

If anyone has any information to share please do.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,042 Trailblazer

Hello,

Here are two european datasheets. See attachments.

Predator 8 tablet - GT810

Remark for Acer moderators:

These documents were downloaded from a public website. No login required.

France
  • AvidGamer
    AvidGamer Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks laurent_14,

Those documents answered many of the questions I had, and some that I didn't.

• Darlaten
    Darlaten Member Posts: 1 New User

Are those documents applicable to the version that will be released in Canada? Also, the documents mention a device called the "Acer Accurate Stylus"; will this be avilable in Canada as well? If so, when.

I share some of the concerns of the OP; there seems to be very little information about this device including from Acer's own store representatives in Canada. I called today seeking information and three different people did not even know the Predator 8 existed and was scheduled to be released tomorrow. It makes me a little leary that this happened. 

In any event, hopefully I will be able to order everything tomorrow. 

• Hello Darladen,

The part number for the North American market is normally NT.Q01AA.001

Acer Accurate Stylus is an option. I'll try to find the part number but that will be difficult.

Note:

I'm not an Acer employee. I'm only a volunteer.Smiley Happy

France