I can't install the BYOC apps on my Pc. Acer support tells me to contact my PC manufacutrer

CHASEPLACEMAIL
CHASEPLACEMAIL Member Posts: 5 New User

When I try to download and install abPhoto onto my Windows 7 HP PC it stops during the installation phase and displays.

runPhoto.bat with the following info:

mkdir "%temp%\clear.fi_photo"
move /Y clear.fi_Photo.msi "%temp%\clear.fi_photo\clear.fi_Photo.msi"
move /Y vcredist_x86.exe "%temp%\clear.fi_photo\vcredist_x86.exe"
move /Y newshortcut.exe "%temp%\clear.fi_photo\newshortcut.exe"
move /Y pinphoto.vbs "%temp%\clear.fi_photo\pinphoto.vbs"
move /Y unpinphoto.vbs "%temp%\clear.fi_photo\unpinphoto.vbs"
move /Y AcerOpenPlatformSetup.exe "%temp%\clear.fi_photo\AcerOpenPlatformSetup.exe"

Help???

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Try running as Administrator. I'm guessing you don't have write access to %temp%.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CHASEPLACEMAIL

How do I run as an administrator?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Right click the setup program and choose Run as Administrator from the context meu.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CHASEPLACEMAIL

Just tried it but gave the same message. However, I kept deleting the file viewer image and the install proceeded,

said it completed, but nothing was in the Acer Program folder. Thanks for the try.

• TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

Hi CHASEPLACEMAIL,

You can try the steps as below, maybe the issuse can be fixed.

[Step]
    1. Open Notepad, and create a new file to add contents as below. Then save it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.BAT\UserChoice]

2.Uninstall all Acer BYOC apps from Control panel (AOP Framework, Acer Portal, abMedia, abPhoto, abFiles, abDocs)
    3.Rename the extension file name of the Notepad file which you created from txt to reg. (i.g. the file name is "AAA.txt", please change it to "AAA.reg")
    3.Execute the “AAA.reg” file
    4.Restart the system
    5.Download the app and install

Acer BYOC Apps Support

• CHASEPLACEMAIL

Tried it. got the same results as before.