Aspire R7 572 Battery Levels

Options
deltahalo27
deltahalo27 Member Posts: 1 New User

Not sure if this has been addressed here before, I apologize in advance for duplicate questions, so far a search here hasn't come up with anything. My R7 572 is having battery issues, since first purchase last year and after the upgrade to Win 10.

Last night, my battery levels were 57%, then 10min later 50% with a steady decrease to 40% in about a half hour, all the while the timer would indicate I have at least an hour and a half left of power. Then, in another 5min it went into hibernation mode and I connected it to the charger- and once plugged in it said I was actually down to 6%! This while in Flight Mode with no internet/network and 21% screen brightness. Is it normal for the battery level to fluctuate so wildly? I've had to set my low power level warning to 20% because I can't get an accurate reading as to how my battery is really left- and last night was the most frustrating, to drop from 40% to 6% in just 5min, and it was just sitting idle. Are there drivers or BIOS changes that need to be made, or did I pick up a lemon?

Thanks!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try resetting the battery. Shut down, remove the poer and gently push a paper clip into the tiny hole in the bottom until you feel it click.