Aspire E1-570 WIFI adapter

aidanc
aidanc Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi there,

I have been trying to get my mothers Acer Aspire E1-570 to connect to our home WiFi connection and it just doesn't seem to want to co-operate. I have noticed when I try to connect it to the WiFi, in the Network and Security Centre where your network adapters are listed as it's trying to connect and at the point it should be connecting the WiFi adapter disables itself then re-enables itself. I have tried doing all the usual fixes like making sure the power settings are on high performance and unticking the "Turn adapter off to save power" box and also updating the WiFi adapter driver / rolling back the driver aswell as checking for viruses and I have honestly come up sort. All the other devices in the home can connect just fine and work brilliantly, but earlier today I went over to my neighbours place and testing the laptop on their network and the laptop connects just fine with no issues. So I am kinda guessing it isn't the laptop or the laptops hardware but our home network but I don't know why that would be because no other devices play up on it. It was running Windows 8.1 (and still having the same issues) and now it is currently running Windows 10 Home (not 100% it is home edition at this time will check later) and it has all the latest Windows 10 updates etc. Please any help would be greatly appreciated because I am at my wits end and just want to know if there is some sort of issue with this model or if anyone else has had the same issues before and how you fixed them.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I see Acer has no drivers for Windows 10, which means Acer is not supporting Win 10 on this laptop yet.

All you can do Is search for Win 10 drivers for your card (Atheros?) and try them until you find one that works or roll back to Win 8.1 until Acer starts supporting it.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

Try this just to be sure, shut down the laptop, unplug the router, wait a minute and plug the router back in and then start the laptop.I'm not really expecting it to fix the problem, but it won't hurt to try.

• hassan-1990
    hassan-1990 Member Posts: 1 New User
    nice