MULTIPLE Problems with New X34

Options
2»

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you install a new nVidia drivers over an old one, please do a clean install.

i'm quite sure that some issues are from nVidia drivers, there are still fixing a lot of things to support SLI on latest VGAs.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Vandragorax
    Vandragorax Member Posts: 124 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Sounds good Smiley Happy  Yeah your diagnosis of a registry issue seems about right.  Here's hoping your driver update along with a reformat in a week's time helps get over the problem!

• brighttail
    brighttail Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Not only did I do this I used an Nvidia cleaner in safe mode to remove everything. It still doesn't remove all the registry entries for other monitors Smiley Happy

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Thanks guys for the PMs with the information, it will be very helpful and I've started passing that along.

Focusing on the rightside of the monitor not coming on, is this everytime or is this occassionally? If possible, can you make it happen every time and if so how? If I set this set of instructions in front of you, would it happen to your unit?

• Connect monitor to system
    • Turn on system and monitor
    • Overclock the monitor to 100 Hz
    • Have the system play video for 30 mins
    • Sleep system and monitor for 4 + hrs.
    • Wake system to see if the right side is darker than the left.
    • If the system is OK then monitor is OK

We're still working back here and I still plan on providing you all with an update before I leave for the day.

Thanks,
    Cory