Acer Aspire es1 512 - Win 8.1 bing to Win10 failed upgrade now error code 0xc000000f

Options
2»

Answers

• lanemeyer
    lanemeyer Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options

Many thanks for the advise.

Ran Hirens boot off usb in legacy mode.

Started Hdat to scan the drive BUT later on we had a power cut!.

Predictably the power cut carried on until there was no power left in the laptop battery.

When the power came back on i started Himens again and no drive was detected in Hdat (except the usb drive)

So i tried Drevitalize and then the hard drive showed up.

Its currently running a scan (13 hours so far and seemingly half way through) but after scanning 275000 sectors its found 250000 bad sectors and only recovered 1

To be honest, im in no need of saving any files on the drive i just want an operating system on it.

Perhaps i should have just wiped the disc at the very beginning and tried some sort of clean install.

Im wondering with that amount of bad sectors if the drive is a goner now?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

250000 over 275000...wow not good.

let the scan end but if the first sectors are so bad, i can only suggest you to consider a new HDD.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • lanemeyer
    lanemeyer Member Posts: 13 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK

Just a quick update so i didnt leave this hanging.

Scan found 100,000's of errors.

Upon next boot the laptop told me there was no bootable operating system.

Reckoned the hard drive was dead as a dodo so sent it back to Acer via UPS.

They said the hard drive was indeed faulty and replaced the hard drive and sent it back to me

within 5 days under the 1 year guarantee.

Upon switching the laptop on and reinstalling stuff i was immediately greeted with a "this laptop

can be upgraded to windows 10" sadly i dont think i will be trying that again :-)

Many thanks Acer for the super quick turnaround and Ultra thanks for Ace Ironfly for taking the time

to try and help me out.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.