bios-uefi update

Options
jaclou
jaclou Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

I want someone to detail me how to do it. Because I did it from P11B4 to P11C1 and I heard a beep 2 seconds and then black screen. I made the update with afuwin from the desk, the message was : done, so I went to the bios to aknowledge the update which was ok and when I reboot from the bios with F10 : beeeeeeeeeeeeeep and black screen----Pls don't say to me it's the mobo but eventually how to fix this black screen.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can't help you about those questions, i can only suggest you:

1) go to a local computer shop (if any) and ask if they can recover the BIOS (i doubt)

2) give a call to Acer support service (paid service) and ask for a reparation quote

3) look around for a new motherboard

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

Predator model?

• jaclou
    Options

AG3-605

• IronFly
    Options

if there are no warranty labels on case side panels or screws, i would disconnect the AC power cable, press power button twice, then unscrew the left side panel (front view) and take off the CMOS battery (CR2025 round silve button battery).

the CMOS battery is between the  CPU and VGA.

leave the PC without CMOS battery for about 5 minutes, then put battery back, close the side panel, reconnect the AC power cable and try to boot.

• jaclou
    Options

Thanks for the advice : but I've done that first thing and same BSOD with one beeeep and the fan at higher speed..... Warranty is off.  It seems one beeeep would not be fatal to the mobo but...beeeep codes.PNG

• IronFly
    Options

reading that pdf, looks like ram need to be reseated; i think you already tried to boot without ram sticks and then reseat them.

in which port is connected your monitor right now?

Have you tried to take off your VGA card and connect the monitor to motherboard VGA or HDMI or DP port?

• jaclou
    Options

I haven't done these procedures. News will come after that. Thanks.

• jaclou
    Options

ram sticks, monitor connection, all tried and same beeeeep bsod. Inbetween I had. a good lunch with red wine(organic). Any other idea about how to resurrect my pc?

• IronFly
    Options

did you unplug the graphic card too?

• jaclou
    Options

Hello! Yes and for any sucess. I try to locate the bios chip (surely soldered) but I couldn't find it...I'm out of ideas, but I learn many things with you. Try another one!

• IronFly
    Options

did you follow the instruction on the BIOS pdf?

to run flash command on command prompt (admin)?

the main issue is that long beep and no image on screen, without nothing coming up even trying a BIOS recovery is really hard.

• jaclou
    Options

recovery didn't work. I didn't use the prompt command for the update because...but the afuwin64.exe application and I think it was a mistake to launch this application for flashing the bios...But I'm sure I have read the mention DONE after 2-3 minutes launching it, and my software "go uefi direct" showed me in the bios that it was done right (I didn't need to reboot for this verification). Quitting the bios with F10 was the last logical thing my pc did!

• IronFly
    Options

the flashing instructions are clear: you need to use command prompt (admin) and type "flash".

the BIOS is composed by 2 files and i suspect it flashed one (afuwin) part and not the other.

so it's why you are facing black screen and not able to do recovery BIOS too.

• jaclou
    Options

I wasn't able to use the command prompt, so I did it without and you are surely right about me crashing one half of the bios...Now is not the time for more explanations about the procedure to make the update right, I think, so let me know : reprogramm the chip, do you know something about that? Or change the motherboard? Or something else? If this pc will recover of that, the next step with you will be a good lesson about how to make the update with the command prompt and particularly what text to use!!! Thanks for helping!

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can't help you about those questions, i can only suggest you:

1) go to a local computer shop (if any) and ask if they can recover the BIOS (i doubt)

2) give a call to Acer support service (paid service) and ask for a reparation quote

3) look around for a new motherboard