Aspire R7-572-5893 won't post or boot

vertigo262
vertigo262 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I have an 

Aspire R7-572-5893

I recently put it into sleep mode, and I don't know if this is relevant or not, but as it was going into sleep pulled the power cord.

The next time trying to power it up, I noticed it would not boot or come out of sleep. At one point, it seeme like it woke up but the monitor was not working because sounded like a skype message.

I held in the power to make sure it fully shut down. When turning it back on, the keyboard lights up, and the monitor turns on, but their is no post showing the acer logo or anything booting.

I'm not sure if this has a hard drive light, but no light are blinking so I don't think it is getting past bios post to boot. 

Their is a blue conistant power light on as well. But like I said, nothing is booting, nor can I get into bios.

If anyone knows what this could be, as I am hoping not a fried motherboard, help would be appreciated

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

First thing to try is remove the power cord. On the bottom, find the tiny battery reset hole and gently push, with a paper clip, until you feel it click and at the same time hold down the power button.