Acer Switch 10

RAMNIAL
RAMNIAL Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello ,
I just bought an Acer Switch 10 SW5-012-16AA
windows 8.1 and I read somewhere that there is a free upgrade to windows 10 for laptops running 8 or 8.1.just bit apprehensive because I bought the 32 gb memory storage and im wondering if its enough for the upgrade plus I have to download itunes as well.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi RAMNIAL,

You should have received a set of recovery media with your Switch 10 as it only has 32gb of RAM. Make sure you hold on to that as it would be your only way to fully recover the system in the off chance that something goes wrong. There are other people on this community who have discussed their upgrade to Windows 10 and we expect a good portion of users will upgrade their Switch 10 devices.

Before installing any personal applications, I would leave as much space as possible for the upgrade. Do all of your Windows updates and eventually you should see an offer for Windows 10 and can follow along. If you're feeling extra impatient, you can use this tool to get started as well. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hope this helps,
    Cory