I have an Acer veriton M261 I need more memory is none registered the correct type ? I can go 4 GB

Options
2»

Answers

• blues90
    blues90 Member Posts: 17 New User
    Options

They sent out replacements that will arrive fedex saturday the 19th Sept . I did try with the first modules they sent but I took the original out and installed both the 2GB modules which gave me the beeping and no screen other than black . Then I removed one from the second slot still got the beep . Then I installed the original 512 MB acer and it booted up . I then added a new 2 GB module to the second slot and got the screen that said start in normal windows which is in the safe mode screen. It was a balck screen with white letters saying the problem could be new hardware and this screen counted down then went to the screen where you enter the BIOS by pressing delete and boot menue.  I didn't try this because I was not sure what would happen.

If you can tell me how I should install the new modules coming saturday that would be great.

I suppose putting both in at once could have caused an issue . I never thought about it , I just assumed it would work that way.  Thing is when you purcahse these memory RAM modules none of the sites tell you you might run into issue like this.

• laurent_14
    Options

You wrote:

" I suppose putting both in at once could have caused an issue"

No you can install both in at once. Fortunately!

I'll wait until you test the new memory modules. If they don't work, I'll give you the updating procedure of the bios R01-B1.

Do you own an USB Flash Drive of 2Gb or less?

France
  • blues90
    Options

Yes I have a 4GB sanDisk

• blues90
    Options

I got the two replacement RAM modules today . I took the old 512MB out and installed one new 2GB and the pC booted up much to my surprize . Then I tried the second 2GB RAM module in the open never used second slot and I got that Black screen white lettering telling me all sorts of things . Most of all what seems to apply is to go into the sfae mode screen and start windows normally which I didn't try.

Then I took the second RAM out and got the same black background screen with white print which counts down to 20 seconds after the 20 seconds goes by with just the one 2GB RAM module then it boots up . With both new 2GB RAM modules whcih I tried twice after the 20 second countdown it goes to the BIOS screen and continues to cycle and won't boot.

Since there has never been a Ram module in this second slot and I have had this PC since 2007 is it possible that the second never used slot has film of some sort on it's contacts . It looks clean to the eye . I would think the number or times I installed a module in that slot it would clean off any film or might it be something else?

When I look at the ACER recovery panel where you can monitor the system or dial it back to when it was new and I click on memory is does show the 2GB RAM istead of the old 512MB RAM .

The PC does boot faster and load pages or sites much faster than it has in a long time.

I am open for suggestions. I don't think don't can't say if I need to update the BIOS ( which I would really choose not to do)or if the second slot reads anything. The second slot when I had the first set of 2GB RAM modules I put the original 512MB in it's original slot and a 2GB in the second slot and it gave me the same black background screen with white lettering and it counted down 20 second then came to the BIOS screen saying the same thing as before. The first set of 2GB RAM modules no matter if I put one or both the PC never booted up even if I swapped them in the boards DIMM slots.