creating factory default backup for win 7 64-bit

Options
lorelei739
lorelei739 Member Posts: 5 New User

I originally created factory default backups back when I purchase Acer Aspire 5733Z-4477 and a driver/apps backup - recently when I had problems with the Win 10 upgrade I decided to scrap Win 10 and go back to Win 7 factory default.  The disks that I originally created for this when inserted into cd-rom tells me they are corrupt - all of them.  I do very quickly remember that I had no issues creating these backups.  But now they won't work.  So I decided to use the eRecovery option that Acer provided.  Install went 'okay' but not without stalls and issues.

With that finally don't I am constantly prompted to create 'factory default' backups, driver/app backup etc.  My problem is that none of the disks that I use which are brand new are being accept - I am prompted top insert a 'BLANK' dvd (which it is). Unfortunately my model of Acer Aspire laptop does not ALLOW for backups to USB's - I have checked to make sure all drivers are current - according to Acer I have all the current but if I run something like driver detective it indicates that I have numerous out of date drivers - but I will not PAY to have some third party software tell me i have the wrong drivers.

At one point the error message was that I had a write failure with a 0x80000831 (?) error code.  Since my original factory backups don't work and I can't seem to create any with new disks - what am I to do.  When I do a chkdsk on the chkdsk d 08292015.PNG

is there a special way to format disks in order to have this factory default be produced and hopefully work in the future should I ever need it again. when I format the disks they are labeled 'UDF'. Unfortunately I am not savy enough to know what this means and how to change it if that is the solution.  I have looked tirelessly on the internet for answers - the problem certainly shows as existing but there are no resolutions - unless I missed a computer site that has more knowledge of this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you tried the default windows create a system repair disk?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/create-a-system-repair-disc

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • lorelei739
    Options
    Same issue with trying to create system repair disk unfortunately. The one that was created originally generates errors when. Trying to use and cannot create a new one at least thru the Acer 'way'.
  • IronFly
    Options

have you tried a checkdisk on C:?

• lorelei739
    Options
  • IronFly
    Options
    You wrote thath you format the DVD?
    Or am i wrong?

You don't need to format them, just put them on the DVD reader as they are.
  • lorelei739
    Options

the Acer Erecovery program for this particular model insists that the disks be blank (and it doesn't allow for usb for the backup) - so using one that has something on them is not an option

• IronFly
    Options

can you check on windows services if Shell hardware detection is running and set on automatic start?

click on Start, Run

write

services.msc

once in services windows, look for Shell hardware detection, double click it, if it's not running, turn it on and set Automatic startup.