it seems to be it is working ( the icon is blue as activated), just wgen I open youtube it turn off (icon becoms pale) and I must manually turn it on, and by every switch on youtube turns off again
The Problem was with hey cortana, so I deactivated it
Are you using a browser or app?
The browser should use the windos direct sound api, so you should not see this issue.
My Aprire V Nitro Black Edition came with Dolby Digital Plus but because it keeps turning itself off, I uninstalled it so I could reinstall it. But now I can't find where I can download it! Can you please send me a link so I can get it back on my Acer?
Hey I had the same problem with my acer aspire V17.
Dolby Digital Plus didn't work anymore so I reinstalled the audio drivers and all of a sudden DDP disappeared!
I did a lot of searching around on this forum and on the internet and I found nothing.
Luckily, I found the solution by myself today!
So here's what you have to do:
1. Go to acer.com and click support.
2. Then go to Drivers and Manuals.
3. Use the lists there to select your laptop and select it.
4. This should show you a list of drivers and updates and stuff on the bottom of the page.
5. Now what you wanna do there is locate the Realtek audio driver and download it.
6. Once that's downloaded open it with any .zip unpacking program and locate the folder named "DS1".
7. In there open either folder "x64" or "x86" (I used the x64 one for I guess 64-bit? I have no idea what the x86 means though) and in there you should find the installer for DDP!
Just run it and it should reinstall DDP on your laptop!
Hope this helps!
PS. Now I'm off to find a fix for my broken HD Webcam that came built in this laptop...
I have tried turning off Cortana. doesn't work. I have reinstalled Dolby Digital Plus. Still turns off most of the time. There needs to be a fix for this
Now we have Developers Update from Windows, and still Dolby Digital Plus keeps turning off. No fix. WE NEED A FIX
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
to get all the benefits
of being a member!
Get social and introduce yourself in our
or learn about our ACE Program
and What's Happening
Acer Community User Agreement.