Please help multiple attempts at reseting now laptop is black screen(long description)

Elbutt
Elbutt Member Posts: 16 New User
Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 on my acer aspire e 15 laptop my laptop could not restart properly and my brightness controls would be inverted and out of control. So I decided to reset my laptop. I chose the remove all items option instead of the factory reset because I do still want windows 10. The first attempt at reset went smoothly but then when critical updates were being installed I accidently closed the lid and it entered sleep mode. When the setup was finished my laptop at first was acting normal. Then I had to restart my acer in order to get another update(windows 10 is already on my laptop). I guessed this update was more fixes or a solution to my accident by closing the lid during setup. However my laptop wouldn't restart properly(frozen at the acer logo screen with loading loop frozen as well)so I had to press the power button. My laptop would not bootup so I shutdown the laptop multiple times until the screen told me that my laptop cannot restart properly. Luckily this new windows 10 message allowed me the option to reset my laptop again. And so I did with the same option as before. A while later I saw the acer at the 99% mark. Later again I saw my acer laptop with a frozen screen at the acer logo with the loop frozen as well (seen as two vertical dots). I then held the power button down to shut it down. And now when I start it up the acer cones with a black screen.

Answers

• Elbutt
    I should mention the screen goes past the acer logo screen with the loop working then the screen turns black.
  • Elbutt
    After further investigation my acer series is the aspire E S1 511 series so it should be supported with windows 10.
  • Elbutt
    I've attempted to reset it again by pressing alt+f10 but the screen still stays black.
  • janrats1868
    janrats1868 Member Posts: 4 New User

im having the exactly te same problem on my laptop (same model) would be intresting to find out who can solve this

• Elbutt
    Glad to know Im not the only one
  • Elbutt
    It seems pressing the pinhole button in the back doesn't seem to work either.
  • mrmagic14
    mrmagic14 Member Posts: 1 New User

cannot reset my laptop cannot get any help from technical support