out of warranty support rip off

realswampdog
realswampdog Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives

I have an Aspire M5-583p laptop that I just upgraded to Windows 10 and installed the new drivers recommended from Acer. I found that I had an issue with the microphones were not found by the sound input on my device manager and called support online. The tech named Suresh for the out of warranty contractor remote in and after only pinging an IP address of 127.0.0.0 (this will always fail) told me that I have a corrupt windows DLL file and if I purchase a support ticket (ranging from $99.00 to $299.00) that he would be able to resolve the issue. I said that if it was a Windows DLL issue that I was going to call Windows support and he said that Windows support would only be transferring me back to their support site. When I asked to have him send me a copy of our transcript he closed our conversation out and dropped the link. After that I went ahead and re-downloaded the Realtek Audio Drivers and resolved my issue (in which Suresh vehemently said that the driver was not the issue).

Comments

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi realswampdog,

Sorry, that's not a good experience for sure. Can you send me a bit more information about how you got to this support team, and am I correct in assuming that this was a chat session?

I'd like to review and hopefully provide some useful feedback to our teams internally because that's not the experience we want people to have when they do have an issue that it outside of the warranty entitlements.

Thanks,
    Cory

• realswampdog

Thanks Cory, yes this was a chat session. I first went to the Acer support / contact Acer page and hit start chat. When asked I  entered my serial number ( didnt know my SNID) when instructed. This is when after about 10 minutes Suresh remoted into my laptop and performed his (test).

• realswampdog

And Cory, as he closed the session before I could receive any transcript I also was never given the support ticket number to reference this conversation.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Again, sorry for the experience you had, but I will forward this to our contact center managers for review.

Cory

• realswampdog

Thank you!

• dissatisfied80
    dissatisfied80 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2018
    This most be the normal way of NOT taking care of their customers!
    On 5/02/18 I purchased from your ACER refurbished website, I was very scared that I would get a defective computer (as you can see in the pictures attached) I was assured it would be in "like new" condition so trusting in your company statement,  I purchased a Chromebook 14 SNID: XXXXXXXXXXXX showing a manufactured date of 09/06/2017. It arrived about a week later and then after a month, turned computer on and screen flashed and then went blue black, all other lights worked. I immediately contacted support did all the steps the tech told me and nothing worked. I was then told to place a replacement under warranty. Once I placed the information required I find a message stating "ITEM OUT OF WARRANTY DUE A RETURN TO BEST BUY ON 04-19-18 FOR AN UNRESPONSIVE SCREEN!!' how can an item I purchased almost 2 months later be our of warranty. After about a month of emails and messages since NO ONE would get a manger to call me back, a repair was approved with RMA# UTP091118-03 with a list of how to ship. I thought ok finally they will make the situation right. WRONG! I packaged the laptop with a foam sleeve, bubble wrap and paper all around and thank goodness I thought to ensure it and request a signature upon receipt, then on 09/18/18 I get an email stating "item can't be repaired due to customer abuse with pictures of a TOTALLY broken laptop. I WAS BEYOND SHOCKED, I have taken pictures and documented the whole experience. I called the only number available only to be told there is no management or corporate number or email and that there was nothing they could do but ship the totally worthless laptop back to me and hopefully I could file a claim with the post office. I spoke with Janet at Planitroi,inc. @ 973-664-0700 who stated even with the pictures there was nothing she could do, no manager to speak with and good luck. IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS?? this is not what your promise of service states. I am attaching the photos for review and hope to get a reply with a resolution. I can not afford to buy a new computer after spending money on this one, shipping there and now still nothing.

• OliverM3
    OliverM3 Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    On 5/02/18 I purchased from your ACER refurbished website, I was very scared that I would get a defective computer (as you can see in the pictures attached) I was assured it would be in "like new" condition so trusting in your company statement,  I purchased a Chromebook 14 SNID: 73601397072 showing a manufactured date of 09/06/2017. It arrived about a week later and then after a month, turned computer on and screen flashed and then went blue black, all other lights worked. I immediately contacted support did all the steps the tech told me and nothing worked. I was then told to place a replacement under warranty. Once I placed the information required I find a message stating "ITEM OUT OF WARRANTY DUE A RETURN TO BEST BUY ON 04-19-18 FOR AN UNRESPONSIVE SCREEN!!' how can an item I purchased almost 2 months later be our of warranty. After about a month of emails and messages since NO ONE would get a manger to call me back, a repair was approved with RMA# UTP091118-03 with a list of how to ship. I thought ok finally they will make the situation right. WRONG! I packaged the laptop with a foam sleeve, bubble wrap and paper all around and thank goodness I thought to ensure it and request a signature upon receipt, then on 09/18/18 I get an email stating "item can't be repaired due to customer abuse with pictures of a TOTALLY broken laptop. I WAS BEYOND SHOCKED, I have taken pictures and documented the whole experience. I called the only number available only to be told there is no management or corporate number or email and that there was nothing they could do but ship the totally worthless laptop back to me and hopefully I could file a claim with the post office. I spoke with Janet at Planitroi,inc. @ 973-664-0700 who stated even with the pictures there was nothing she could do, no manager to speak with and good luck. IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS?? this is not what your promise of service states. I am attaching the photos for review and hope to get a reply with a resolution. I can not afford to buy a new computer after spending money on this one, shipping there and now still nothing.

I hope that's not the kind of support you receive from their refurb line. I just purchased a very expensive Predator 700 refurb. I would hate to flush $2300 down the toilet for a $500 savings on a referb. So far my experience has been great and you couldn't distinguish mine from a brand new system inside and out. But if I do have any issues with the system I would hope that I could pay a reasonable amount for support or repairs.

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    On 5/02/18 I purchased from your ACER refurbished website, I was very scared that I would get a defective computer (as you can see in the pictures attached) I was assured it would be in "like new" condition so trusting in your company statement,  I purchased a Chromebook 14 SNID: XXXXXXXXXXXX showing a manufactured date of 09/06/2017. It arrived about a week later and then after a month, turned computer on and screen flashed and then went blue black, all other lights worked. I immediately contacted support did all the steps the tech told me and nothing worked. I was then told to place a replacement under warranty. Once I placed the information required I find a message stating "ITEM OUT OF WARRANTY DUE A RETURN TO BEST BUY ON 04-19-18 FOR AN UNRESPONSIVE SCREEN!!' how can an item I purchased almost 2 months later be our of warranty. After about a month of emails and messages since NO ONE would get a manger to call me back, a repair was approved with RMA# UTP091118-03 with a list of how to ship. I thought ok finally they will make the situation right. WRONG! I packaged the laptop with a foam sleeve, bubble wrap and paper all around and thank goodness I thought to ensure it and request a signature upon receipt, then on 09/18/18 I get an email stating "item can't be repaired due to customer abuse with pictures of a TOTALLY broken laptop. I WAS BEYOND SHOCKED, I have taken pictures and documented the whole experience. I called the only number available only to be told there is no management or corporate number or email and that there was nothing they could do but ship the totally worthless laptop back to me and hopefully I could file a claim with the post office. I spoke with Janet at Planitroi,inc. @ 973-664-0700 who stated even with the pictures there was nothing she could do, no manager to speak with and good luck. IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS?? this is not what your promise of service states. I am attaching the photos for review and hope to get a reply with a resolution. I can not afford to buy a new computer after spending money on this one, shipping there and now still nothing.

Hi dissatisfied80,

I am very sorry to hear this, it looks like you are managing with Customer Corporate Care and they are waiting on a follow up email with you. Please make sure you respond and take any further questions directly with them for this case.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

This discussion has been closed.