Iconia W4 820 works great with Windows 10

Options
2»

Answers

• zoeff50
    zoeff50 Member Posts: 20 New User
    Options

Thanks Kudo for the advise.

Installed the BIOS (update?) for Win10, version 1.16 of 2015-07-29. Waited for one minute and system in full shape again (pffft). Do not know what the update comprises, no difference experienced.

Auto screen orientation still not working, however not a big deal. 99% of the time you are working in landscape mode as used to on the PC/ laptop. Wait and see if it becomes active again in future; do not expect.

Win10 a big improvement over Win8, I think. I bought also a bluetooth mouse, a "must". Some buttons are too small to operate with your fingers. Micro SD slots accepts any size of card; I am using a 128GB micro SD card for additional storage. I am using the W4 mainly for on the road with my motorbike together with other bikers. Using Garmin BaseCamp program with different maps. Much more convenient to plan routes on the W4 rather than directly on my Zumo390 navigator. The larger the screen the better. The W4 easily fits with the luggage.

• zoeff50
    Options

Front and back camera's are not working when opening Camera program. Checked Device Mgr and found that drivers are not installed and/ or have been deleted at Win10 update. Possibly also the driver for auto display orientation is missing.

Downloaded latest "Others_Acer_1.16_W81x86_A.zip" driver package from Acer web site. Unzipped file, but what next?

Run setup.exe file from main directory or run setup.exe file from MI (driver section) directory? Have not tried yet, but is this a save way to do? Do you get a listing of drivers to select or are all drivers installed directly? Is there a risk that these drivers conflict with drivers already installed/ updated automatically with Win10?

May be I am too cautious...

Can somebody advise?

• zoeff50
    Options

pts wrote:

I manaded to get my camaras to work on Windows 10.

I downloaded driver package from Acers support site. The package was this one:

OthersAcerMaster Installer1.1685.2 MB2014/12/04

Then I started Device Manager and updated the camera drivers (front and rear) manually (System devices -> Camera sensor...). These drivers are ov2722.inf and ov5693.inf and can be found in \MI\Drivers\Camera in the extracted package. There is also camera.inf. I don't know what that is, maybe a combination of those two. I right clicked it in File Explorer and hit Install. I don't known what happended but at least this didn't seem to do any harm Smiley Happy

I took my chance and downloaded Acer driver package and tried to install ov2722.inf and ov5693.inf by right hand click and install. Installation seems to work ok, message shown to reboot. Rebooted, opened Camera program but a black screen appeared, no image shown. Checked Device Mgr and found drivers shown under System Devices as 2722 camera sensor and 5693 camera sensor; should be ok, I think. Also ran setup.exe in MI map of driver package. This installed all drivers for Intel Atom processor. But all same result, no image shown (yet) in Camera program.

What can I do?

Does anyone know what all the driver map names stand for? Some names are self explaining, but many others are not clear. Possibly there should also be a driver for auto display orientation.

• EDIflyer
    EDIflyer Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I've just had a look at my machine and all devices are showing as working correctly.  I've got "HID Sensor Collection v2" using a Microsoft driver and under Imaging Devices have "Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400" using Intel drivers - perhaps worth trying their website to see?  I've had a look but I don't seem to have stored any downloaded drivers so can't remember where I got them from apart from Windows Update!  I may have installed updated Intel drivers from their website too - worth a look.