T232HL touch screen problem with windows 10

scotsman
scotsman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi  I would like to know if there is any update cool touch drivers for windows 10 for this touch screen?  My update to windows 10 from 8.1 works well apart from the monitor I have a error 18 in the device manager for this cool touch drivers so can anyone help.

regards

Scotsman

Best Answer

• scotsman
    Answer ✓

Hi  I have fixed it by going into device manager and clicking on the yellow faulty driver from cool touch and then update the driver then select browse my computer then let me pick from a list of device drivers. Then i had 2 choices I did not select the acer driver but the other one in the list of 2 can't remember the name as its not there anymore.

hope this helps someone else.

regards

Scotsman

Answers

• scotsman
    Answer ✓

Hi  I have fixed it by going into device manager and clicking on the yellow faulty driver from cool touch and then update the driver then select browse my computer then let me pick from a list of device drivers. Then i had 2 choices I did not select the acer driver but the other one in the list of 2 can't remember the name as its not there anymore.

hope this helps someone else.

regards

Scotsman

• bigmutt
    bigmutt Member Posts: 8 New User

This was exactly what I needed to get my touch screen to work again on my Acer Aspire S7 ultrabook.

Tech support (now via Chat) was totally useless,  as usual.   worse than useless, actually, since they waste huge amounts of your time and then just tell you you have to restore system from scratch.

So, follow the instructions of scotsman ... and go to the Generic list of Human Interface drivers,  not the Acer list, and there's one there for touch screen. 

My Device Manager had no driver showing for touch screens, so that was my clue that it had to be added back in..

Restart,  and  Bob's Your Uncle !!

I'm so happy now;  it works perfectly again.

thanks, scotsman, for taking the time to publish this fix.

• danbevj
    danbevj Member Posts: 2 New User

Can you please clarify your response for beginners...

I open device manageer and dont see "yellow faulty driver..."

thank you

-Dan J

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,440 Trailblazer

There are a couple of ways it can show in Device Manager, the touchscreen is usually under Human Interface Devices (HID). If the touchscreen is shown and the icon is normal then the drivers are working correctly and your problem will likely be a pain to diagnose. If the icon next to the touchscreen has a yellow or red exclaimation mark then the touchscreen is seen by the system but the driver is either crashing (red) or starting and stopping immediately (yellow). In those cases you probably just need to replace the faulty driver. If there is no touchscreen shown under HIDs then the hardware isn't being recognised and you probably either have a faulty digitizer or a cable came loose.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • danbevj
    danbevj Member Posts: 2 New User

I dont think it's either of those things as it worked completely fine right before Windows 10 update.

I dont even see HID-Compliant TOuchscreen under HID?  ANy suggestions of how to add that?

Or any other suggestions.  Very frustrating

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,440 Trailblazer

You can try looking at it with hidden devices turned on, but normally when it doesn't show up it's due to the cable working loose or a touch screen that's gone bad. Smiley Sad

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • erix
    erix Member Posts: 7 New User
    Windows 10 parameters sees the touch (CoolTouchR in other devices category). Also visible in the old Control Panel. In Device Manager, there is one unknown device, touch screen is visible in Human User Interface, with no error. But touch Screen does not work.