I have an Aspire M5 laptop that I had to replace the hard drive in.

Lizzybeth
Lizzybeth Member Posts: 3 New User

This computer is out of warranty.  I actually took the computer to a business to have the hard drive replaced I also bought e-recovery discs from the acer store.  It took forever to get my computer to run the discs but I finally got that done.  After the message came up telling me to remove the final disc the computer continued on with some other processes that didn't ask for any action on my part.  Then it came to a screen that said  "Software Installation" and it hung on 12/63.  I left the computer sitting over night and it is still hung there.  I have no idea how to stop this installation.  It has been hung on software installation since Saturday morning. This is a touch screen laptop so when it starts up it comes up on my tiles/apps screen and then you click on the desk top tile to go to the traditional desk top, well the desk top side is where it is hung.  That means that everything I try to do is locked out by this software installation that is non-responsive.  I have tried the Acer Recovery Management but that takes you to the desk top-which is still hung!  I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Probably there's some prompt that need an input.

when it hangs, press CTRl+Alt+Del and check on desktop for any windows.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Lizzybeth
    Lizzybeth Member Posts: 3 New User

The only problem is that software installation has the desk top side locked up.  When I do ctrl+alt+del and then click to end task, it takes me back to the locked up desk top.