driver for model a0722

Options
johnsolution
johnsolution Member Posts: 3 New User

Lost sound when I upgraded my model A0722 to windows 10.

It uses a conexant high definition audio.

According to Acer it is the most current driver version 8.54.8.50  (driver date 4/2/11)

When looking at the history of the upgrade it states "REQUIRES FURTHER INSTALLATION"

Does that mean that Acer is looking into the problem and will eventionally provide a new driver ?

PS If one looks at the website for drivers it only shows window 7 and 8  not 10 

Please provide a solution so that I may get sound woking on my A0722 using windows 10

Thanks

Answers

• johnsolution
    Options

Sound problem resoled

Previously I right clicked on the sound icon in the system tray and selected playback devices.

It displayed 2 icons  1 for conexant (which i was using because it had a checkmark) and  another for a device I was not using.

Previously I was only trying things  on the device I was using   changing the rates for sound tests.

I then dicided to right click on each icon shown and select to remove it. No icons were showing.

I powered down and powered up.  Windows was smart enough to reinstall playback devices.  When I went to playback devices again everthing looked the same 2 icons with conexant the one with the chechkmark This time however the sound test worked on conexant.

I went to a youtube video to verify and I heared the vidio but could not see it

The youtube was completely blaced out.  This is probably due to a flash probem

One problem solved  one to go. 

• johnsolution
    Options

Frustrated over the inability to resolve the youtube video problem.  Went back to windows 7.

Looks like best solution is to buy a new pc with windows 10 pre installed.  That way sound and video cards will be compatible with windows 10.