E5-521g-60BX

Joshka556
Joshka556 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello all,

I just purchased an E5-521g-60BX direct fron acer and I having a problem that I wanted to consult the community with before I call support.

Out of the box i installed the battery and plugged it in as the instructions outline before turning it on for the first time. I hit the power button and the indicator light turned on, the screen flashed black for a second and the went dark again, i allowed this to repeat for a minute or two before I decided something was wrong and it may be broken. Now please keep in mind im very computer literate, I administered a network at a previous job and am A+ certified. I held the button to power off the machine and pulled the battery out. With it plugged in I hit the power button and the screen lit right up. Ok, so I figured maybe the battery wasnt seated properly, after setting everything up i shut it down and reinstalled the battery,  again it booted up fine. I used it for the rest of the night and closed the lid. It was fully charged so the next day i opened lid the blue light came so I waited and nothing happened, I assumed ok I need to wake it up. I hit the power button and the screen flashed black again and went dark this repeated a few times before i again held the power button down to shut down the machine. I plugged it in and the process repeated until I shut it down and pulled the battery out and attempted to start it plugged in with no battery inshalled. This worked but now im very frustrated. This is my first acer laptop and i know its a lower tier machine but frustrated non the less. I guess im writing to find out if this is a common problem, or if anyone else might have some insight. I did try to do some searching here and on google for a similar problem but came up empty handed. Im going on the assumption there may be something wrong with the battery. Was just looking for some input before I contact support. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Contact support, it's the best solution for this kind of issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.