No Windows 10 update for V3-571G

daryldsouza83
daryldsouza83 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

Was eagerly waiting for Windows 10 update starting 29th July, but noticed Acer V3-571G is not included in the support list for drivers.

Is there any chance this list will be updated later on?

Answers

• clikus
    clikus Member Posts: 4 New User

i have acer v3-571g too and i'm waitng for update. for the first time windows can be updated for free, and Acer is causing trouble. i don't understand it Man Sad

I just found a way to update. try this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• Bogdan_Iulian
    Bogdan_Iulian Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a v3-571G as well and I don't know why Acer didn't put this laptop trough the eligible devices for Windows 10. I found driver for the video card(Nvidia and intel HD graphics). Also the laptop has all the resurces required for this windows.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

acer wrote:

Acer will provide driver support for the following products that qualify for the Windows update:

so it's not telling that you can't update to windows 10 (only the windows tool will block the update if something doesn't match requirements); simply you have to search yourself the correct drivers update.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • daryldsouza83

Thanks, I am gonna take this risk and update to Windows 10 today. Will keep you guys posted for any issues.

• bpatel1
    bpatel1 Member Posts: 22 New User

Do you have any luck?

• clikus
    I updated to windows 10 and i don t have any problem with hardware
  • bpatel1
    Mine laptop is V3 -571
    I dnt knw how to update from ISO
    Can u give me stepwise instructions?
  • clikus
    Burn ISO on cd or USB then open setup.exe.
  • bpatel1

Do this process delet my data from D drive?

If something happen during process can I come back to myindows 8.1?

Pls help me I am not a good techy person.

• MacacoChileno
    MacacoChileno Member Posts: 1 New User

I've updated my v3-571G from windows 8,1 and no problem with the hardware: Nvidia, etc, etc has been detected & installed automatically.

The only thing with no drivers is:

- Intel Management Engine

- Card Reader Broadcom

I 've taken driver version from acer download center, but "windows 8.1  64 home" version, and worked perfectly with "Windows 10 64b Home"

Everything fine !!! Wonderful

• daryldsouza83

Hi,

You can safely enter the recovery mode and roll back to older version though I noticed it says - The option is only available for a month after you've upgraded to Windows 10.

• GuttedEwok
    GuttedEwok Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi guys

I updated today and everything seems to be working properly except the touchpad. Usually I can use the right hand edge of the touchpad to scroll up and down, but now it's not working. I've tried a couple of drivers for Windows 7 & 8 from the Acer site but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else experienced this? I did an upgrade to Windows 10 followed by a clean install.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

This is a common complaint with W10. Microsoft has changed the standards (or set them initially maybe) to use a two finger scroll instead of the edge scroll. Try using two fingers and slide up and down to see how it reacts.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GuttedEwok
    GuttedEwok Member Posts: 2 New User
    Much appreciated Billsey, I wasn't aware of this. Will give the two finger scroll a try. After Googling the edge scroll issue is seems like it's appearing across a range of devices (as you said), and people are coming up with various fixes that work intermittently.
  • vgstavo
    vgstavo Member Posts: 1 New User

I just update my windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now the CD/dvd rom driver is not working. The drive model is a Slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH. Did anyone have the same problem? I tried many things to solve this, but nothing yet.

• ku5h
    ku5h Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey. For me, it says that I won't be able to connect to internet due to some driver (Broadcom Virtual wireless adapter).

Can't ACER provide this driver update? It's just one update and I will have WINDOWS 10.

OR is there any other way to download this updated driver to my laptop?

• bpatel1
    Do not clean install windows 10 better try to download updates while upgrading to windows 10.
  • clikus
    When updates will be available? Is somebody know? I wait and still nothing.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

ku5h wrote:

Hey. For me, it says that I won't be able to connect to internet due to some driver (Broadcom Virtual wireless adapter).

Can't ACER provide this driver update? It's just one update and I will have WINDOWS 10.

OR is there any other way to download this updated driver to my laptop?

Broadcom hasn't yet updated the drivers for the virtual adapter, but it's a non-issue for most people. The virtual adapter is used when you set your device up as a hotspot for other devices. If you are not using that functionality then it won't affect you. Go ahead and do the Windows 10 upgrade (via Media Creation Tools if the update doesn't work using the icon). If you are using that function, just reinstall the Windows 7 drivers after the update, using compatibility mode.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JK72
    JK72 Member Posts: 1 New User

SOLUTION : Please install latest BIOS update and after this process update Windows 8 to Windows 10 without troubles.