acer predator G5910 GPU upgrade

keithleong
keithleong Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives

Hi all , looking options to upgrade the graphic cards for my 4 yr old G5910  .

Intel i7-2600 p67chip.

Nvivia GE force GT440

6GB ram

Windows7 64bit 

PSU 750W by FSP group

Every thing in this system is stock . Never done anything to it before. Currently Not looking at the option of buying changing it to another new rig . Still loving this G . So consider the idea of upgrading just the gpu for it .

I would like members can give me advice on which graphics card is the most fit , best possible recommended upgrade for this 4 yr old G5910.

Currently looking at 700 and 900 GTX series of nvivia GE force gpu cards . But not sure any of those above will fit into the case and work with the system ? 

Anyone ever done gpu upgrade before on this G5910 model ? 

Please kindly advise thanks .

Regards 

Answers

• keithleong
    Anyone ? Any kind suggestions ? Is this 4 yr old capable of using the GTX 900 or 700 series nvivia Geforce ?
    Any compatible GTX for this predator ?

Advice thanks .
  • keithleong
    No one here can give any advice on this ?
    Help please
  • keithleong
    Anyone own this predator g5910 model ?
  • North_Bridge
    North_Bridge Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Keithleong,

So this is going to be highly reliant on what your gaming needs are and your budget. If you believe you will be gaming heavily and want to run at high settings with a 60fps average, you might want to opt for a high-end card to achieve this.

With a single display running at 1080p, a 980 may be a bit of overkill, but you've got a decent amount of future-proofing with this card. Otherwise a 970 will do the trick. For similar performance on most games by tweaking the performance settings, you can go with a 780, 770 760, or 750ti and save about $100.

This is all assuming you'll be running new games on the system with a single display at 1080p. If you're running multiple displays or a single UHD display, you'll want to look into SLI or Crossfire configurations of the same cards listed above. You'll definitely want a 980 in this case if running at high resolutions across multiple displays. Otherwise try to find the best bargain with affordable cards.

• keithleong

Thanks bro north bridge !  Currently I'm considering the Asus Turbo OC 4gb GTX 970 . But at the moment  As I'm quite concerned about whether or not my motherboard can actually support gpu upgrades , 

Cos I seen on the net there are many g3620 owners out there doesn't been able to upgrade GPU because of the problematic mother board of Acer !

Therefore before I invest on the Asus Turbo GTX 970 , I got to make sure it get to work with the motherboard of my G5910 ..

Is there anyone had a G5910 which already with a successfully GTX upgrade ? 

Anyone thanks .

Anyway I just got the email from Acer ,  this is what I got the reply from ACER !

Ha , what a  lame reply !!! Give these kind of reply ? Bought a Acer and they can't even give you a simple answer whether or not the motherboard can be upgraded to a different gpu !!! 

WTF ? 

Now I know why many advice me not to get a Acer ! F type support ! F type customer service ! 

(Thanks for the mail.  We regret to inform you that we do not provide upgrade for graphic card.

All our graphic card are come with the factory install. Hence we are not able to advice you which type of graphic card can be install or compatible on your Acer desktop.

Regards,

Allan 

Call Centre

Customer Service Department

Acer Computer (Singapore) Pte Ltd

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• LaurensC
    LaurensC Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello fellow Acer Predator G5910 user Smiley Happy

I got the computer from my parents in 2011, I was very happy with such fast computer but after a few years obviously the components become out dated.

I recently started searching to upgrade my computer on RAM and started to realize that there is no info about the Acer Predator G5910 custom motherboard other then the info I got from Speccy, a third party program I installed so I can get more detailed information about my computer which I coudln't find elsewhere.

But I have found that back in 2011 when Intel introduced the P67 chipset (which the Predator G5910 motherboard uses) they instantly recalled the chipsets claiming that they are broken, the SATA 6000 controller on the motherboard delivers too much power to the USB ports. I have had many problems with webcams which got overvoltage and they stopped working. Also myself found no information about which kind of RAM speed the motherboard can handle. So if I can give you advise on upgrading your computer, I would suggest just buying a new computer :/  or search a cheap motherboard and processor (because the Intel i7 2600 processor only works on broken motherboards with p67 chipsets) and swap the old processor with the new one.

I have replaced the old GTX 460 I had in my PC with a MSi GTX 750Ti 2GB for 125 euro.

• WhiteRanger
    WhiteRanger Member Posts: 8 New User
    Hi all,

Know this is a old post but can g5910 support nvidia gtx 1070?
    alternatively, does it support AMD gpu like rx 570?