Acer S7 screen flickers during videos and when using Microsoft Office Screen is white

Options
DocTom
DocTom Member Posts: 2 New User

Had my Acer S7-392 for about 9 months and it has a problem that i've not been able to resolve.

- When on some websites or watching video's (embedded into the website like on Facebook) the picture flickers and is unwatchable. If you scroll so that a little of the video is offscreen the problem stops.

- Also when using microsoft office programs the screen just goes white and I can't do anything without closing the programs via task manager.

I've made sure I have all the right drivers. Intel sends me to the Acer website for the drivers and I have the most up to date of those. I have phoned microsoft and they say that it is not them and even when remote accessing the machine they cannot see a problem.

I'm sure its a graphics problem as other than these two irritating issues the machine works fine.

Many thanks in advance for anyones help.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Have you the same issue with an external monitor or a LCD TV in using the VGA or HDMI port?

France
  • DocTom
    DocTom Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, I don't own an external monitor. I can take the laptop to work and use one there. If I do that and the same problem happens what does that mean? If the problem is not repeated on the monitor what does that also mean?

If I can't use a monitor what else can I do?

Thanks.

Tom

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Do you own a LCD TV?

France