My Acer C720 will not power on...

Carrie82554
Carrie82554 Member Posts: 3 New User
Acer C720 will not power on....tech support told me it would cost me $299.00 to have them fix it.....I bought it 4 months ago!!! And paid $199.00.......WHY do they think I'd be willing to NOW pay $299.00 to fix it!!! I'm so disgusted.....I will never buy an Acer product again.....and I'm filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau......I've totally been taken by these crooks.....plus, I do not have money to buy another computer.....

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

If you bought a new Chromebook four months ago, it's still under warranty. If you bought it used there's no telling what was done to it before you bought it.

First thing to do is make sure it's fully charged. Then try a forced power off by pressing and holding the power button, give it more than ten seconds at least. Thehn wait a bit and try to turn it on normally. This often fixes things when Chrome or and app gets hung.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Carrie,

I'm sorry that we've caused you this level of frustration. I'd like to request a private message with your serial number and possible a case ID if the Acer representative you spoke with provided one. We're generally in the 120-150$ range for Chromebook repairs and I can' provide better specifics once I know your serial number.

The other part of this is that repairing of units and components after manufacturing is more expensive for a variety of reasons. We may not always be able to provide a cost effective repair option, and we understand that it may be more effective for users to purchase new equipment and that may not always be from Acer.

Thanks,
    Cory