VN7-791G-526Q very weak wi-fi signal and slow internet

fbotko
fbotko Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everybody!

I bought a brand new Aspire V 17 Nitro VN7-791G-526Q with Windows 8.1 x64 preinstalled and with a Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless adapter, the driver version is 10.0.0.288. I tested under Ubuntu 15.04 64bit but the same problem.... it's a really expensive notebook and it's unbelievable to have this problem. I have a Aspire 6920G eith intel card and no problems. i'm little bit angry because i don't want to send back in warranty because the guys will scratch the notebook in service for sure... can I resolve somehow with a good driver or something? Or I need to buy another wifi card?

Thank's for any response.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if it has the same behaviour under Ubuntu, how a driver can fix it?

take a deep breath and call Acer support service. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • fbotko

Thank's  for the reply! and i know this is the simplest and the easy way for everybody, but it's isn't good that need to disassembly a brand new notebook.... I don't like this part. Without having to write here i know that i can to call the support... If i had an entry level notebook i said ok i understand because cheap parts are used and its happen, but this notebook is a little bit expensive, and cannot accept this.

I'm disappointed this time of the Acer brand. Man Sad

*sorry for my english

Best regards.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Even luxury cars broke.....

and the only who can fix it, are official techs.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • fbotko

Hello, I have some new updates, 1st is the WLAN card is changed and the same problem appears, i bought an intel Dual Band AC 7260 card and same problem..I think the problem is with the laptops antenna. The network is unstable and very slow and signal slow as well...you have other ideas?

I'm very disappointed.

Thank you!