International Travelers Warranty

Options
gstifler
gstifler Member Posts: 3 New User

How exactly does the international travelers warranty works?

I purchased a notebook in Germany when I lived there, but I recently moved to Brazil. This notebook video card is not working anymore. I contacted the support service in Brazil and was informed that the international warranty does not apply for me, because I do not have permanent residence in Germany. It seems odd that because I moved to another country I lose the warranty, but I would still have it if I was just traveling.

Comments

• gstifler
    Options

How exactly does the international travelers warranty works?

I purchased a notebook in Germany when I lived there, but I recently moved to Brazil. This notebook video card is not working anymore. I contacted the support service in Brazil and was informed that the international warranty does not apply for me, because I do not have permanent residence in Germany. It seems odd that because I moved to another country I lose the warranty, but I would still have it if I was just traveling.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    The enhanced International Travelers Warranty (ITW) is extended to products purchased from Acer or its authorized distributors, under the following conditions, only bona fide travelers who are in possession of a copy of the original sales invoice of the notebook may bring claims under the Acer ITW.
    The definition of a "bona fide traveler" under the Acer ITW is a person temporarily outside the territorial scope of the local warranty covering the respective notebook, without the intention of establishing a permanent residence. Otherwise, the notebook will only have a local warranty from where it was purchased; you will have to pay for any repairs made outside the country of purchase.

Here's the weblink for your reference International Travelers Warranty

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• gstifler
    Options

I'm living in Brazil now. Does that mean I lost the warranty? I'll only be back in Germany in April, but by then the warranty period is over.