Problems with Acer VGA/RJ45 adapter

PERANDERSSON
PERANDERSSON Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi All,  I am new to this community. I have had an Acer Asire V5-571P for a year or so now and am frustrated by the internet connection port. The laptop came with an adaptor which has a VGA and a Cat5 connector. This has worked fine for most of the time I have had the laptop, but recently it started to work intemittently, so I bought a new one - an acer product, and that too has failed, leaving me just with WiFi. WiFi is fine, but by no means as good as wired. Are Acer providing replacements free of charge for these failed adapters. To be honest its a really very poor design - there is too much weight onthe cable and I suspect that this has caused the internal widers to break. This shoudl have been a rigid piece of kit and not as it is designed.

Not at all happy with this feature on the laptop.

Any thoughts/advice before I go direct to Acer on this issue?

Cheers

Per

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Honestly?

i would contact Acer support service, 2 adapters broken is not a standard behaviour.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Honestly?

i would contact Acer support service, 2 adapters broken is not a standard behaviour.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • root2
    root2 Member Posts: 2 New User

Is that the response from this community? I can see this is going to be a nightmare to solve this combo LAN/VGA issue. I am here also for this issue and have searched high and low on the internet to see if anything comes up on the Acer and no drivers or anyone providing with any info.

Anyone with technical info on this issue like download this, change a registry, modify the driver or something????