I'm trying to access BIOS in Win 8 with recovery CD & F2. No matter how many F2 hits, BIOS wont

GrahamBayside
GrahamBayside Member Posts: 2 New User

NEED URGENT ASSISTANCE
Operating system Win 8
Acer Aspire V5-571
I need assistance getting to BIOS settings screen. After experiencing a major operating system malfunction, I decided to completely reset the system to factory default. This worked fine but I then came across an image file I had created a few months earlier on a portable hard drive so wanted to use that to restore. Inserted the legacy boot CD I had made, went to advanced trouble shooting and rebooted to BIOS settings to change UEFI to Legacy Bios to continue. After restart into Acer restore wizard, I realised that the image disk I had created earlier was an NBF file for use with NTI CD maker – not a CAL file, so restore wouldn’t work. That’s fine – can live with that but now I can’t get back into the BIOS screen to change back from Legacy BIOS to UEFI so I can’t boot the computer into Windows at all. Have tried pressing F2 continuously during start up (bottom of screen says press F2 to enter BIOS), with the boot CD in and also without. Either way, I can’t get back into the BIOS to change UEFI so I pretty much have a dead computer. With boot CD in, it will only start up to launch the basic Acer recovery wizard (but I don’t have a CAL image file to restore to) so this is useless, and booting without CD in, the start up won’t proceed at all unless I can get back into the BIOS screen to change back to EUFI. Any assistance to help me get back into the BIOS settings screen would be greatly appreciated.

Answers