S7-391 battery not charging

Options
WDLIU
WDLIU Member Posts: 2 New User

A few days ago I just used my S7-391-73534 with battery power for an hour. When I went home and plugged in the AC power, the battery sign showed "6% available (plugged in, charging)", while the battery charging sign was constant RED. However, the percentage of the battery power never went up but down to 5% after 1 day, and 4% now. I tried to press the battery reset button either short time (1s) or long time (3-5s, battery charing sign will turn blue from red, then back to red again), but there is not any improvement.

Normally battery lasting time will be reduced gradually over time, but not stop working suddenly.

This is only couple of months after warranty period. If this is the life span of the battery, Acer shall look into the design for more reasonable length of the the battery life span.

If not because of battery life span, what is the solution?

Thanks a lot.

power.jpgbattery.jpg

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

There can be several reasons why you are facing this issue. You can follow the guidelines mentioned below and check if that work.

Consider using a different power point and see if that works. If the issue is resolved, then there may be some issue with your previous power point.

If the issue still persists, check if using another power adapter (if feasible) helps. If that helps, then there may be some issue with your current power adapter.

If the issue is still not resolved, check out some more troubleshooting options mentioned on the link below:
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/my-laptop-says-0-available-plugged-in-charging-but-not-charging/td-p/292326

Hope this will help you.