Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

virtualization is not found on bios, how to enable it?

jhake_27jhake_27 Posts: 1Member

virtualization is not found on bios, how to enable it? 

FAQ & Answers

• -Justin-Justin Posts: 2,362Member Seasoned Practitioner

jhake_27,

Which model notebook are you referring to so we can help narrow down a resolution for you.

• ganeshk_ganeshk_ Posts: 2Member

Hi,

I am using Model Aspire E1-571. I need to enable intel Virtualization Technology from BIOS. In BIOS, I didn't find option to enable Intel Virtualization Technology on my Acer laptop.

Can you help me to enable intel Virtualization Technology in my laptop.?

Thanks,

Ganesh

• -Justin-Justin Posts: 2,362Member Seasoned Practitioner

ganeshk_,

My understanding is that virtualization is turned on by default and the option to edit it is hidden. We created an article that talks about checking to see if your system meets the requirements to use teh features, if you would like tolook it over.

• ganeshk_ganeshk_ Posts: 2Member

Hi,

I just reached this issue when I tried to use Android Virtual Device Emulator with Android Studio. When I tried to install intelhaxm-android.exe on Windows 10 64-bit machine, stopping with error 'This computer meets the requirements of HAXM, but Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) not turned on. HAXM cannot be installed until VT-x is enabled'. Can you give me solution for this.?

Thanks,

Ganesh