Windows 10 bluetooth problem

sarahwin10
sarahwin10 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi!

I own a lovely little Aspire V5-17t.

I recently reserved my copy of Windows 10 and the little app that checks compatibility for Windows 10 threw up several flags around the bluetooth in the Aspire.

Specifically it identified the following as not compatible:

Bluetooth Audio Device

Bluetooth AVRCP Device Qualcomm Atheros

Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio)

Bluetooth LWFLT Device (also Qualcomm)

Bluetooth Hard Copy Cable Replacement Server (also Qualcomm).

Is Acer aware of this problem? Will there be driver updates released before July 29th (release date for Windows 10)?

Thanks,

Sarah.

Best Answer

• sarahwin10
    Answer ✓

Thanks Billsey. As per my original post, the Microsoft Windows 10 app stated the laptop was Windows 10 ready except for the bluetooth.

I updated the laptop to Windows 10 last week.

Interestingly it installed a Microsoft driver for the bluetooth.

The only hardware problem I encountered was with the touchpad. Reinstalled Windows 8 drivers for the Elan touchpad and that fixed the problem.

Thanks everyone for all the replies.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Sarahwin10,

I noticed the same problem last week with Qualcomm/Atheros bluetooth and Windows 10 on my Acer desktops.

But yesterday, I tried running that compatiblity app again, and it showed that there were zero problems.  So I assumed they (Qualcomm/Atheros, Microsoft) already resolved the issue.

Have you run that Get Windows 10 compatibilty check in the last 24 hours?  We might have different Qualcomm/Atheros bluetooth though since you have laptop and I have desktop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sarahwin10

Thanks. But I just ran it again today after installing Windows updates and it still shows the Bluetooth problems.

• pbike908
    pbike908 Member Posts: 7 New User

Yeah, I am having bluetooth problems with an M5-481PT laptop.  I can get it to work, but it's klugey.

I also have Qualcomm Atheros (nearly 3 years old) and I suspect the Qualcomm Atheros since bluetooth speaker connection was always wonky in windows 8.1 as well.

Acer promised to mkae the following link live on launch date.  As of this posting, it's still not up.

http://www.acer.com/windows10now.#_ga=1.45153831.286910687.1437418497

• sarahwin10

Thanks for that info. I will keep watching the link.

• pbike908
    pbike908 Member Posts: 7 New User

This is the correct link for Acer's Windows 10 page:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models#_ga=1.215109335.1749581080.1438121970

In my case (I have an m5-481PT) my computer isn't on the list.  Not sure why. In checcking out the computers oh the list, I found two that had almost identical hardware -- including the same CPU.

I was able to successfully upgrade.  The only driver problem I had is the trackpad/touchpad which while workable was slow and two finger scrolling didn't work.

I downloaded and ELAN driver from a similar speced computer and problem solved!!!

Good luck!!!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

That pages shows models that Acer will be providing drivers for to support Windows 10. There are many, many models that will work with Windoes 10 without new drivers from Acer, and they're not on that list. Microsoft should have given you the Windows 10 update icon if your model meeets their spec.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sarahwin10
    Answer ✓

Thanks Billsey. As per my original post, the Microsoft Windows 10 app stated the laptop was Windows 10 ready except for the bluetooth.

I updated the laptop to Windows 10 last week.

Interestingly it installed a Microsoft driver for the bluetooth.

The only hardware problem I encountered was with the touchpad. Reinstalled Windows 8 drivers for the Elan touchpad and that fixed the problem.

Thanks everyone for all the replies.

• internetphobia
    internetphobia Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi I am having the same problem. I have Acer Aspire 4749z and I upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 free upgrade offer. But since I have installed Windows 10 i am not able to see Bluetooth. Pressing Fn+icon key doesnt show up the bluetooth and it is not even listed in the device manager. My device is also not in the list of eligible devices for Windows 10 Upgrade (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models#_ga=1.215109335.1749581080.1438121970)

What should I do now to make my bluetooth work. I have also tried to install an external bluetooth device but its not working. Please let me know a concrete solution for this ASAP.