Hello to the Acer community..
Ok i have a problem..my desktop was performing a BIOS upgrade and the computer was unexpectidly shutdown during the end of the upgrade process so now all i am getting is FOUR Beeps and a black screen..no post screen no logo..nothing, things i have tried so far:
- Ive removed all expansion cards, RAM etc. so ive ruled out other possibilties to my knowledge
- Removing CMOS Battry
- Clear CMOS Jumper
- PS/2 Keyboard w/ USB AMIBOOT.ROM pressing "Ctrl + Home" still no avail..
Soo i think i am ruled out with 3 options:
- Buy a new BIOS chip and "gamble" my chances and solder the new chip on and hope it works
- Try a USB FDD (Probably will not work)
- OR just buy a new motherboard..
So yea..i am in a bad spot and i need help, anyone got any suggestions on what i should/could do ??
Intel i5-3350P @ 3.10GHz
AMD Radeon 5770 1GB OC'ed (Original GPU was a AMD 7470 2GB)
2x 4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
BIOS - UEFI - American Megatrends - (I beleive the bios version was 'P11-A0 or B0' i wanted to upgrade it to 'P11-B1'