XB270hu Packing

Options
ryudo6850
ryudo6850 Member Posts: 2 New User

So after receiving my Acer refurbished, XB270hu Acer Monitor, I got to experience more delays! How can this be prevented from happening again? If a rep could contact me about it that would be awesome. I should be receiving my shipping label later today for this. Note that the box it was shipped in, has no damage! There is an optical illusion where the paper receipt was taken off from the side but it's just a shadow from the paper sticking up.

As an animation teacher trying to get something that can suit both my hobbies and work this was a sad day. Everything was pretty much damaged. This includes the panel, bezel, back of the panel, and the stand. If this is supposed to be "like new" working condition, it has to be a new standard :/

If Acer wants to send me a new one that would be awesome! Until then enjoy my... imgur album of horror!

http://imgur.com/a/4RmU8

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Sorry to see that your new monitor arrived in the condition it did. It sounds like you've already been in contact with the reseller, which is the best course of action. I'll share this internally so it can be reviewed and hopefully prevent this from happening again.

Cory

• ryudo6850
    ryudo6850 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

If you want the SNID so when they get a hold of it they can make note of it I'll be more than happy to send it to you in a PM.

After repacking, it (still waiting on my shipping labels) I do not think it's possible to ship it in this box (regardless of configuration) without potentially damaging the screen.

I had to place the stand vertically to the left, but without proper padding and room the base of the stand and the vesa-stand still move around hitting the panel.

My biggest hope is that when Acer receives it; I'm just not rushed another random monitor (if it's not new) that has not been checked or packed correctly. If these are supposed to be like new condition, I'd think there wouldn't be any dings. I already have enough to worry about in terms of dead pixels and light bleed.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Sure, the SNID would be helpful, also the reseller you purchased from would be great.

Thanks,
    Cory