AL2216W resolution problem

Options
Phassney
Phassney Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

i have an AL2216W monitor. It has been running perfectly for years. However today, all the sudden, when I started my computer  win7 wont recognize it. It only shows like a "Generic non-PnP monitor". What is really enoying is that I only ma yset the resolution to 1024x768 or 800x600. And until today I have always been running 1680x1050. How do I fix this issue. I am going crazy!! Seems like all drivers are up to date. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS..

Thanks!!!

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Phassney,

To be honest, it doesn't sound like the monitor. At least I've never heard of a monitor going defective to the point that it works on certain lower resolutions. If it didn't want to display, it wouldn'tat all. Monitor drivers are bit overrated, obviously the video card can push 1680x1050, but the video card may be having issues as well, and I have seen video cards that sort of start choking the more they get pushed.

I might suggest trying another PC or trying another monitor on your PC to see if you can single out the issue.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• alienfan002
    alienfan002 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have exactly the same problem, except for me it was because I switched to a new laptop for work.  It worked great on an old windows 7 laptop, and I moved to a new windows 7 laptop and now I can only get the low resolutions when I used to get 1680 X 1050.  My guess is that there was some update to windows that the monitor is no longer com;patible with for the high resolutions... Smiley Sad  Guess it's time for me to upgrade my monitor.