Travelmate 4060 Bluetooth issue!

Options
SuperGlueNinja
SuperGlueNinja Member Posts: 3 New User

PC Specs: Model Acer Travelmate 4060

Ram: 2 Gb

Issue: I recently formatted this notebook which previously had windows xp from the manufaturer.

I have since been plagued by the disaster that I created.

The system has been very picky about all of its components being coupled with windows 7.

Initial issue was the GPU, it has an onboard intel graphics media accelerator 900...

Which I discovered that Intel has refused to create a driver for windows vista or 7, thus negating any chance to run Aero.

I solved this issue by hacking a 915 driver, which grants me functional video, however still will not run Aero. (at least the resolution is good)

Now my current issue (which has been quite frustrating) involves the internal bluetooth device.

My device manager shows that there is none available, because the notebook has an on/off switch located on the front next to the wireless adaptor. Whenever I attempt to install the bluetooth drivers for this system. The msi instalation gives me an error saying it is 1. Not a signed certificate, to which if I click the proceed anyway options, it simply hangs until popping the unsigned warning again (gets caught in a loop of this, and goes no further.) Now Ive tried first installing a generic druver just to make it visable. However every attemp I make winds up telling me, "The driver cannot be installed because there is no bluetooth device. (There is, however the instalations require it be turned on.) I CAN NOT TURN IT ON!!! It cannot be turned on, because it has no driver... I cannot install the driver, becaus eit cannot be turned on... Beginning to understand my dilema?

Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for any info.

Does anyone reccomend downgrading this system back to xp? I do not have any of the original oem system disks, however I do still have an xp disk and the serial is on the laptop. 

BTW: First post, I am new to the community. Thanks for having me.

Answers

• SuperGlueNinja
    SuperGlueNinja Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks for any intended help... I have sort of solved my issue...

After further review, I've determined that the notebook does not have the intergrated bluetooth hardware. Its evidently optional on this rig. While my case has the button. it does not have the device. What a long drawno ut headache I could have avoided... Anyway thanks anyway for the support. And if anyone has tips for the graphics issue, feel free to offer the suggestions. Thanks.