Acer Predator G3620. Failed USB Ports

Mo_el
Mo_el Member Posts: 12 New User

Each of the USB ports at the top of the box have stopped functioning.  Not only at the front but one USB at the rear isn't working either.

I had an IT guy come and he told me I'd need a NEW PC!!!!   There could be a problem with the mother board.

My computer is only 18 months old and this should not happen. 

I intiatially contacted Acer and all they told me was to reformat my PC.

I'm not a happy Acer user at the moment.  Does anyone have some advice for me please?  Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Windows 7

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

windows 8.x

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

if no yellow exclamation mark is present, click on the Universal serial BUS, right click on the Intel chipset USB controller and choose uninstall.

once done, reboot and check if USB porta are working.

if not, probably the IT tech was right.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mo_el

Thank you for your reply.

I have two Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D and one 1E26  do not have any yellow exclamation marks.

I recently purchased a USB 3.00 hub to help with the problem of losing 4 USB ports.  

Below is an image of what I have.

I have Windows 8.1 Pro with Windows Media.

usb.jpg

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,043 Trailblazer

Hello,

About the USB ports of the front panel, I would check the USB connectors of the motherboard. By experience, the cables are often too short. After a cleaning, there is often a cable disconnected.

France
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

As Laurent said, double check internal cables about the front USB.

please try also to uninstall the 2 Intel 7 USB controlled and reboot

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mo_el

Okay, I will try those advices and come back and let you know if I'm successful or not.  Thank you.