ICONIA W4-820-Z3742G03aii totally frozen upon bootup, let me explain....

Options
2»

Answers

• steve2470
    steve2470 Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

My apologies to the Acer community for my outburst. I hope some of you can relate to the fact that with this particular project, after several days of struggling with it, I had reached the end of my patience. 

Now, to address the latest reply:

1- The problem is I cannot get the touchscreen to work, period.

2- The mouse will work. However, when I have a usb stick and a mouse connected at the same time, the usb mouse will not work, period. The touch screen does not work. 

3- I've never gotten a USB keyboard to work. I've gotten the On Screen Keyboard to work, of course.

4- I followed your steps exactly using Rufus and Gparted, using my usb mouse, a Y adapter, an OTG cable and even my USB keyboard at one point. I cannot access Gparted no matter what I do. I bought the Y adapter and the OTG cable to allow me to use the usb mouse and a usb stick at the same time. It has never worked.

This is why I've gotten so frustrated. 

• Plastixx
    Plastixx Member Posts: 66 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

steve2470 wrote:

4- I followed your steps exactly using Rufus and Gparted, using my usb mouse, a Y adapter, an OTG cable and even my USB keyboard at one point. I cannot access Gparted no matter what I do. I bought the Y adapter and the OTG cable to allow me to use the usb mouse and a usb stick at the same time. It has never worked.

Well there's one problem; you can't use a Y adapter to put two USB devices on one USB port. Why do you think USB hubs exist?

• yuroktold1
    yuroktold1 Member Posts: 56

Tinkerer

Options

i used the hub below to connect usb mouse, WIN_20150522_192650.jpgkeyboard and bootable usb drive and all worked on tablets (dell, acer). Also, triple check the rufus settings before putting an iso image on it. This program tends to change them depending on what you select in its menus. I am asuming you are preparing it on non-uefi computer.

• steve2470
    steve2470 Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

Rookie mistake, gah.

Windows 8 installed again, problem solved. Thanks for the help.