Can i just replace wireless adapter on Aspire Nitro V15 to fix my Wifi Problems ?

crawford
crawford Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Question, Is it as simple as buying a new Wireless Adapter for my Aspire VN7-591G-70JY
I want to buy an Intel ( http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-pr​oducts/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth.html ) and replace the Atheros problematic one ?

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi crawford,

I'll let others help and discuss the possibility of replacing the wireless card but I do want to make sure you're aware of a patch that was released a few weeks ago. Please give this a shot before you have to make any physical changes.

Patch Acer Updates the Windows Power Plan settings to improve wireless performance. 20150204 70.7 KB 2015/03/16

Download

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• crawford
    crawford Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi Cory, appreciate your answer and help, i did indeed try this amongst many other things, as far as i am aware this really only resets power options to defaults (which made no difference) and i really dont want default settings, ie turn off screen after 10 minutes and a very dim display on battery, not the best fix Acer have come up with for sure, there are many documented problems with this card, i just want easy way to fix which is why i made this second post in the hope someone with more knowledge than me would say changing the card is ok and may fix the problem, not seen anyone attempt this yet ? not documented anyway Smiley Happy

Thanks again

Phil

• hr0201
    hr0201 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Crawford, 
    Did you change your wireless card? Did it solve your problems? 
    Just curious, did you originally have an Atheros card? 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    hr0201 said:
    Hi Crawford, 
    Did you change your wireless card? Did it solve your problems? 
    Just curious, did you originally have an Atheros card? 

The post is 5 years old, if you have a question please start a new topic of your own

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★