LumiFlex and battery life (Switch 12)

hkh-m43
hkh-m43 Member Posts: 30 New User

I have a new Switch 12 and one of the first things I did was turn off adaptive brightness.

I found it too aggressive and it didn't give me the brightness levels I wanted.

I recently turned off Lumiflex which apparently adjusts colour saturation to optimise readability according to ambient brightness.

The effect of Lumiflex has been minimal for me - I can't see the difference with it on or off.

However, battery life is a little better, as I guess the system no longer needs to check ambient conditions.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Turning OFF adaptive brightness that windows  uses to automatically adjust the screen brightness to match the lighting conditions will have effect on battery life however turning off Lumiflex does not seem any affect .

• hkh-m43

Can you please explain how LumiFlex works?

Why don't I notice any difference [except for the increased battery life indicated by windows]?

Thanks

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Acer’s Lumiflex technology is there to try and improve readability under sunlight.
    The LumiFlex solution further optimizes screen visibility during outdoor activities, even under sunlight.
    Just in case you want to take your tablet out to the beach or the park, Acer has added its LumiFlex display technology. When enabled, this feature gives the display an extra pop of color, which helps prevents image washout in direct sunlight. However, the enhanced colors can look oversaturated in an indoor setting.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• hkh-m43

Thanks.

Do you know if the pc has an ambient light sensor or does it use the webcam?

So I guess it use power to monitor ambient light conditions, hence, reduce overall battery life?